Down Time

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Down Time

Post by vince. » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:26 pm

As the vast number of members & watchers have probably noticed, we were out of action for some time. Got a bug & that was that.

As I wasn`t interested in getting the problem fixed & Albert was seriously ill for a considerable time last year, nothing was done. Because of my lack of interest, Albert was looking to move the Admin to his area so he could try & get things moving again.

Over the Christmas break Donna our Admin did a maintenance service on all the sites she hosts & this one was going again. I found it by accident & immediately blamed Albert blahblah Not guilty was the answer.

Either way, due to my indifference & a concern that I may do something rash like shutting it down, Albert may still move the admin to his area. He has a strong desire to keep this site going, both for the good & the bad info that is available.
Regards.....Vince.

jimmymate
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Down Time

Post by jimmymate » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:12 pm

Vince no rash decisions please smckin

Would love it if the site stays up and running but i understand there would be costs and time involve behind the scene that i dont see. I can imagine with not having alot of active member it probably seems like whats the point at times.

Like ive previously said soooo much great info on here that i have been checking out since its fired up again recently. Hope for my selfish sake it remains online.

Jimmy

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:02 am

jimmymate wrote:Would love it if the site stays up and running but i understand there would be costs and time involve behind the scene that i dont see
Jimmy, the time & costs are not the problem. I`ve got the time & Alberts got the money lol lol
jimmymate wrote:I can imagine with not having alot of active member it probably seems like whats the point at times.
Not a problem either. I`m one of the major reasons for this. I can`t take all the credit though susssmilie

The main reason why I haven`t burnt the place down by now is not all the good info contained within. It`s more about keeping a balance for future reference. This site has a great store of info on how lure collecting grew & how some established themselves as authorities & then set about manufacturing legends mainly to suit their own agenda. Reputations were made & destroyed by a handful of manipulating people who were considered( for some reason) in the know. Unfortunately, to question the status Quo was always & still is regarded as treason. Lets get back to the lures is always the response to any questioning of the facts. It`s all in here if you take the time to look & see.
Regards.....Vince.

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:07 pm

Not sure who is responsible at this stage ???
Could be Donna or Dave who have both been working together to restart this place.
Either way, it's due to Alberts desire to continue. clapclap
Don't know if he has made a good decision or not but time will tell. thumbsupsmilie
Regards.....Vince.

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:43 pm

Vince my old friend smckin

I know this forum is a little over 10years old and nowadays Facebook is all the flavour.

But I dislike THIS forum being described as “defunct” maddd iidiot

Meanwhile it’s information had been pilfered, copied, and worst of all, re-presented with added baseless and incorrect details. zippedsmilie
The problem is readers of these erroneous info can then believe these are facts! -bangdesk

Kindly note that I am trying hard not to be rude, or aggressive.

Out of the ashes the Phoenix rises again. yay

It does still has very informative resources. -lookitup

It still can serve as a platform for “ crusaders for truths “. thumbsupsmilie

It can still be the place for some fun and who knows may be even some “blood sports” -duh

Albert

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:01 am

ocd1688 wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:43 pm
I know this forum is a little over 10years old and nowadays Facebook is all the flavour.
Albert
Albert, all the forums and the facebook pages that are still out there, are really of no more value than this old dinosaur. Other than buying and selling, they offer little to anyone other than backyard makers trying to sell to collectors. I`m not belittling the backyard makers, they do need a means of getting out there. Facebook is the perfect solution. thumbsupsmilie
ocd1688 wrote:
But I dislike THIS forum being described as “defunct” maddd iidiot

Meanwhile it’s information had been pilfered, copied, and worst of all, re-presented with added baseless and incorrect details. zippedsmilie
The problem is readers of these erroneous info can then believe these are facts! -bangdesk

Kindly note that I am trying hard not to be rude, or aggressive.
Albert
Kindly note that I don`t care if I get rude and aggressive. zippedsmilie
The elitist superior arrogance showed by Roger Dale and his cohorts in setting up his web site, comes as no surprise. The casual mention that this site is defunct, doesn`t then give you the right to steal content. No doubt justifying the theft with the thought that he is unifying the lure world with HIS version of the facts. Stealing questionable info and then adding your own bullshit to it, really isn`t a good start to a fact based web site. -duh

It also isn`t a sign of good character. I`ll take rude, aggressive and honest over a dishonest gentleman every time.
ocd1688 wrote:
It can still be the place for some fun and who knows may be even some “blood sports” -duh
Albert

Blood sports are not to be encouraged, but I fear inevitable. Not being able to question for fear of being removed is a major problem with most sites or pages. If you have the facts, don`t be afraid to air them.
We are not all friends and we don`t need to pretend we are. swttt Envy, greed, jealousy & self- promotion are not exclusive to lure collecting. However they are just as common as everywhere else. susssmilie
Regards.....Vince.

Rellik-doc-rob
Guru
Guru

Post by Rellik-doc-rob » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:15 pm

Good arvo boys....

Blood-sports.... never !

I have feared the worst for a long time , and now it is confirmed...... Gus is a gold medalist " Peebah " !

Blood sports.... thats ridiculous.

RDR 86 out
Rellik-Doc-Rob...

The Harder I work, the luckier I get...

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:34 pm

Rellik-doc-rob wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:15 pm
I have feared the worst for a long time , and now it is confirmed...... Gus is a gold medalist " Peebah " !
RDR 86 out
Rob, not sure about the gold medal, I heard there were three in this race. lol lol

He might be a contender but he has some big names to compete with. No doubt a medalist, but we shouldn't rush into this thumbsupsmilie
Regards.....Vince.

Baz
Guru
Guru
Mood:

Post by Baz » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:22 pm

Well well well....never thought I'd see the day this old thing would be up and running again.
Great to see it back on the interweb.
Wishin I was Fishin..!!

Lefty
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by Lefty » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:43 am

Woooo hoooo good to see boys... good to see the site up again, got the word from a good friend the site was up n running and yes it's good news.

I know FB seems to be the flavour but damn it's hard work trying to find anything on there lol. Hopefully the word spreads quickly.

Looking forward to some interesting posts woohooooo...

Return to “LURE AND MORE FORUM NEWS”