Article:- History of Aussie Lures- McSea

Marrakai
Guru
Guru

Article:- History of Aussie Lures- McSea

Post by Marrakai » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:15 pm

Wasn't quite sure where to put this article; eventually decided to toss it here with links from the other relevant forums.

It was a feature article in a one-off 'Modern fishing' publication titled "Australian Lure Fisherman", undated but circa ~1990.

"Hand & Eye", the complete history of Australian lures according to McSea.
In Vic's own words, the article presents "an historical perspective of the Australian cottage lure industry,
from Eric Moller's first efforts through to the (then) present day".

Although I didn't move to North Queensland myself till the early 1970s, these words closely mirror my own
historical perspective and are therefore 'the gospel truth'! Image
Enjoy!

<click to enlarge>
Hand&Eye_p1.jpg
Hand&Eye_p2.jpg
Hand&Eye_p3.jpg
Hand&Eye_p4.jpg
Hand&Eye_p5.jpg
Plenty of useful material for the serious student of 'true blue' lures in those pages!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Marrakai
Australia's Top End

oldfish
Expert
Expert

Re: Article:- History of Aussie Lures- McSea

Post by oldfish » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:22 pm

What a fantastic overview,best I've ever read.

Cheers,Jim

Capt.Seaweed
Guru
Guru

Re: Article:- History of Aussie Lures- McSea

Post by Capt.Seaweed » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:04 pm

Thanks Marrakai a great article. First time I've seen a picture of one of the four tropical retro-fitted Bellbrooks I own.
Jim (Oldfish) thinks it may have been Peter Southam and not his father who brought them out. Many people in the past have thought these were modified by someone as a one-off, for their own use, this article proves otherwise, wonder how many are out there? I've collected four different colours over the years in different places. When I first joined this forum I asked Frank Prokop about them, even he had never heard of them, once again thanks for digging this article out.
Regards, Tony (Wulagi, NT).
"Always merry and bright"

Return to “Vintage & Collectable Lures General Chat”