Field Report - Lofty's 'Canal Prototype'

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Re: Field Report - Lofty's 'Canal Prototype'

Post by fishaholiclures » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:25 pm

Have to agree with the single hook rig for Tarpon,
They have hard bony plate over most of the inside of the mouth, and we used to target them on lures and livies at the top of the tidal reaches of the Brissie RIver (Colleges Xing way) only way we could up the catch rate on lures, was swap to Limerick style long shank hooks or use small lightning bug jigs.

Brad
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

lofty
tradie
tradie

Post by lofty » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:37 pm

What a great report on the testing of the lures ,and fish as a bonus. Tarpon did not know we got them in any numbers also what would you call a decent size,how about sharing some photos , do a bit of show and tell
Regards LOFTY
Image ESOTERIC LURES

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:06 am

Lofty .... here is an older pic of Andy with one of the canal Tarpon that we are targeting on your lures - hopefully, will have a real Lofty's Lures caught Tarpon pic shortly thumbsupsmilie

The other pic is the other target species that we are chasing .... a Giant Herring caught in November this year yay

Both awesome light line aerial acrobats farter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers Rob

lofty
tradie
tradie

Post by lofty » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:42 pm

I had seen giant herring almost 1mtr long caught in nets in Botany Bay years ago but never seen a Tarpon of any size.Andy thats a nice fish ,I notice its not dad in the photo , mate you do the testing and we cant go wrong.
Regards Lofty
Image ESOTERIC LURES

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:45 pm

lofty wrote:I had seen giant herring almost 1mtr long caught in nets in Botany Bay years ago but never seen a Tarpon of any size.Andy thats a nice fish ,I notice its not dad in the photo , mate you do the testing and we cant go wrong.
Regards Lofty

Lofty .... every Fisho needs a good Decky - guess Dad also doubles up as the photographer -duh lol crazysmilie

Update on field testing today:

- GT's and bream today, easy .... only Tarpon hook-up estimated at a 60cm - out of the water, a real powerhouse, but not landed -duh -duh

- Thinking about a very small amount of centrally located weight, at the pivot point, down low as an option .... interestingly, we were even pulled little GT's trolling it reasonably fast, with a repetitive twitch on the surface - sort of skitterish look howdy

These are looking real good yay
Cheers Rob

lofty
tradie
tradie

Post by lofty » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:17 pm

You have gone quite on the post mate ,info pictures we need a 80cm tarpon , you can do it mate, bugger the mozzies and the sandies get out there , let your young bloke drive ,what ever it takes mate .
Lofty thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie
Image ESOTERIC LURES

Return to “SALTWATER FISHING LURE CATCHES fishing pictures”