Gold Coast Canals

Androidz0
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Gold Coast Canals

Post by Androidz0 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:15 am

Finally got my little tinny and thought I'd post a couple of pictures from the summer just gone. We had a great year on giant herring, tarpon and jacks. Best lures were Lucky Craft Sammy's and Wanders in the 60 to 65 mm range thumbsupsmilie

Andrew
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Re: Gold Coast Canals

Post by Mully » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:11 pm

Awesome fish mate looks like a top spot for a fish clapclap

tacklerat
Expert
Expert

Post by tacklerat » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:15 pm

Good stuff, show me the jacks droolsmilie

Androidz0
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by Androidz0 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:44 am

Hi,

Smallish Jack but still good on light gear. I will look for a better Jack pic thumbsupsmilie

Andrew
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ropes.basstard
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ropes.basstard » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:04 pm

Hi Andrew nice fish buddy. My oldies used to live at Elanora Heights and I used to hammer the canals and artificial lakes near the Pines shopping centre but I could never get one of the herrings to take the lures. They'd bust up fish at my feet, follow the lure right to the bank but no hookup. You must know something that I don't. Great effort!

Androidz0
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by Androidz0 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:59 am

Mully wrote:Awesome fish mate looks like a top spot for a fish clapclap

Mully, the canals here have an awesome number of species for such a populated area. To date we've managed 15-20 odd species on lures thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie

Andrew

Androidz0
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by Androidz0 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:03 am

bullrout22 wrote:Andrew

Some top fish mate thumbsupsmilie

do you ever see any sharks in there?
Hi Dave, there are plenty of them around and there are charters available to go out shark fishing in the canals. I've never actually seen a shark here or fished for them however we have found bream cut in half from the bull sharks.

Definitely not the place to go swimming susssmilie thubsdown

Andrew

Androidz0
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by Androidz0 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:23 am

ropes.basstard wrote:Hi Andrew nice fish buddy. My oldies used to live at Elanora Heights and I used to hammer the canals and artificial lakes near the Pines shopping centre but I could never get one of the herrings to take the lures. They'd bust up fish at my feet, follow the lure right to the bank but no hookup. You must know something that I don't. Great effort!

Hi Ropes,

I'm not sure I should be giving away the Giant Herring secrets however the first lure out of my box when the Herring are around is a 60mm Lucky Craft Wander in the picture below.

It's a great lure that sinks and casts very well. It can also be worked back at any depth wwnk thumbsupsmilie only problem is buying them locally.

We buy them from Japan as they are not available here in the tackle shops zippedsmilie

Andrew

ropes.basstard
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ropes.basstard » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:10 am

Thanks for the tip Andrew. I'm off to Asia later in the year and I always stock up on lures while I'm away. I'll keep an eye out when I'm in Singapore and see what I can find. I'm also coming up your way in January for a holiday and visit the relo's. I'll have to test out your tip. I've got one uncle near Beenleigh and I've also got an uncle who lives on the Wilson River between Lismore & Ballina and there are huge Bass in there. Only problem is getting a leave of absence from my wife to hit the water during our holiday.

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:27 pm

Ropes ... January's a great time for the Herring on the Coast, Andrew's on the money, but I'll have a little chat to him later about feeding out too much info crazysmilie crazysmilie zippedsmilie

Btw your welcome to drop in and wet a line - we'll see if we can connect you to a Herring a two when your up thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie
Cheers Rob

Return to “SALTWATER FISHING LURE CATCHES fishing pictures”