Replacement Spoons

diemai
Master
Master

Replacement Spoons

Post by diemai » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:35 pm

G'day , folks ,

I've been working on these spoons during the past days , ....just got done this morning .

Made these wellproven homemade models "Creature Spoon"(smallest version) and "DinnerBell" to replace those spoons , that I've lost during past angling sessions , ......probably one of the "Creatures" and three or four of the "DinnerBell" , .........still I wonder , why my homemade lures armoury is constantly increasing lol lol lol !

PIC_0006-1.JPG
PIC_0010-1.JPG

greetz , diemai howdy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

oog663
Expert
Expert
Mood:

Re: Replacement Spoons

Post by oog663 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:37 pm

Diemai, Very Nice love the ones in the bottom Pic. I remember following a thread when you were making some of these a while back.
Love the shape, they would work here on quite a few species I would think. clapclap clapclap
Steve
*** Neighbours Cats make nice Hats ***

Mzuri3
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mzuri3 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:28 pm

They are definitely some beautiful spoons that you have made there Diemai, I look forward to viewing your creations. droolsmilie

Regarding the night glow tubing, any type of luminescence, whether it be paint, tubing, or beads, definately makes a difference to a dead day in my local lakes when chasing redfin. I have taken redfin on just the beads themselves just to prove a point. Adding a small soft luminescent bead to my lure clip is an asset.

Will have to test out the darker spoon colourings to see if it may make a difference south of the equator too.

Thankyou for sharing the info.

Regards

Robin

thumbsupsmilie

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:29 pm

Thanks , mates , ..........just forgot about having put up some of these in here before lol !

I know by now , that the smallest version of my "Creature Spoon" must have a strong appeal on local redfin(perch) , as I have already hooked and also caught a few on this model .

Strangely the bigger models , that I actually have made at first about one year ago , did not score at all so far , though I've cast them thoroughly last autumn .

I guess , that they are moving a bit too lively to attract autumn pike in the already cold waters during autumn , whereas summer perch are at the high peak of their mobility in warmer summer waters , ...........I shall see , whether these small versions would still catch now as autumn is commencing over here and temps slowly go down ?

Concerning dark colors on spoons , .......some years ago I did not even know that such exists , ......in a US component mailorder catalog I've seen spoonblanks in a so-called "Black Nickel" color , so I've thought about annealing my stainless steel homemadies to achieve that dark color .

I strongly believe , that such spoons are superior in clear or heavily pressured waters , .........you hardly find any dark-colored spoons in tackle shops , thus the fish would surely not be familiar to them and consider them as being "dangerous" lol

In different magazines and publications it has ever been recommended to use old and tarnished spoons in clear water and sunny conditions , and I see sense in that as shiny polished spoons are not looking that natural in this case .

But most anglers won't trust in such dulled spoons , I guess ,..... some years ago the DAM brought out an "EffZett" line(most famous spoon model over here) with textured and artificially aged metall surfaces , just looking somehow "antique", ...........the line vanished after one or two years again ,.... anglers seemingly want shiny metals , I guess , ..............my advantage using my annealed models lol !

I also strikly believe in "nightglow" colors to make a difference , in particular under low light conditions and in murky waters , also in depths more than 10 to 15 metres , .....I've got quite a few homemade jigging spoons painted with such luminiscent colors and they've always worked well !

thanks again , greetz , Dieter howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

Return to “LURE MAKING LURE DESIGN LURES YOU HAVE MADE”