Spoonmaking Video

diemai
Master
Master

Spoonmaking Video

Post by diemai » Sun May 02, 2010 6:29 am

G'day , fellas ,

Had some time to spare this afternoon and have fooled around with my old computer to compose a compilation of spoonmaking pictures , that I have taken from a German site ,...... I had uploaded them there more than one year ago but deleted them from my own files in the meantime -duh -duh !

Only the fish pictures are not that old !

Sadly two sequences did not transmit well , but in general I am satisfied my first picture compilation video , ...........if not "YouTube" had refused my original audio track and I had to choose a licensed one from their files , .......quite annoying !

But that music is not THAT bad , I suppose lol !

Any questions , comments and criticism welcome !

greetz , diemai howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

oog663
Expert
Expert
Mood:

Re: Spoonmaking Video

Post by oog663 » Sun May 02, 2010 12:54 pm

G'day Diemai,
As always very well done,Quite a simple Lure to make,with step by step demo,thanks for taking the time to put it to Video. clapclap clapclap
Cheers Steve
*** Neighbours Cats make nice Hats ***

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Sun May 02, 2010 7:41 pm

Mate ... great video and step by step instructions clapclap thumbsupsmilie

If only I had the time -duh
Cheers Rob

brolly
Guru
Guru

Post by brolly » Sun May 02, 2010 9:15 pm

Mate you make everything look so easy bowsmilie Just a pleasure to watch you apply your skills. clapclap clapclap

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Mon May 03, 2010 3:26 am

Thanks a lot , mates , ..........actually this spoon model came into being rather accidentally , at least of it's features like generating a clicking noise and and it's lower tendency to snag up .

I got to this design a few years ago , as I wanted to design a casting spoon , that would not require any shaping with a ballpeen hammer to achieve the typical cupping of an "ordinary" spoon and which's outline could be cut with only straight , not curved , cuts .

I had designed two spoon models with straight edges and without that cupping , but just bent and kinked in a vise , prior to the "DinnerBell" , but these did not work to my satisfaction , one of them rose to the surface extremely fast and the second one ocassionally did cast into unpredictable directions(in windy weather) and also was to snag up very easy , as it's hook was mounted to it's underside .
Nevertheless I had built a few of each model , but haven't fished them that much since , .......apart from a following big zander(walleye)no fish action occured on these .

On this "DinnerBell" it's all about the shifting wireharness , that I was forced to assemble , as there was no chance to rig the hook the "ordinary" way , .......can't drill a hole into the slot between the two rear flaps , can I lol ?

To prevent the harness from sliding and binding into that slot , I had rigged the two metal beads onto it , ...as simple as it is , .....that's how this successful lure came to existance lol .

If anyone in here intends to try his hands on making spoons , I'd suggest to start out with softer sheet metal like copper or brass , .......stainless steel is a tough stuff to work on with hobby tools ,....... filing it takes quite a bit of elbow grease , one can only cut thicknesses of 0,5 mm with shears , thicker sheets require bench shears or metal saws .

Thanks again , .........greetz , Dieter howdy

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Tue May 04, 2010 6:09 pm

G'day , people ,

Made another video this morning displaying the swimming action of my "DinnerBell" spoons . Sadly the clicking sound they emit can't be heard that well on video , ........guess that it is a microfone issue , as standing at the tub it is clear to be heard .

Anyway , if you listen closely , at 1:06 to 1:16 of the video it can still be heard , .......it is quite a bit louder in reality .

Please check

Thanks again , .......greetz , diemai howdy

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:51 am

G'Day , Folks ,

For one more time it's been my "DinnerBell" spoon to save the day thumbsupsmilie , .......fished my arms sore this morning at an artificial lake-like extension(rowing boat race track) of a river in Hamburg , up to 15 Metres deep and unusually clear for the season , .........I cast plastics , cranks and spoons , no response at all for several hours .

So I went a bit further upstream to the old river bed ,... the water there was a bit more stained , ...I also cast shallow running cranks and spoons , the river there is only about 1,60m to maybe max. 3,0m deep .

My old proven homemadie finally got me an average pike ,.........just another few hundred metres further upstream the same spoon convinced a trophy perch(reddie) of 43cm to come ashore , ........lost one of similar size a few weeks ago at the racetrack ,...... this time I was smarter to loosen the drag sufficiently !

Really made my day thumbsupsmilie , ....gonna show up there next weekend again !
DOV13610_01.JPG
DOV13610_02.JPG
DOV13610_03.JPG

Greetz , diemai howdy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:17 pm

Same as our redfin perch here lovely to eat im always amazed at your lure skills and talent my friend and your videos always add more excitement bowsmilie

Return to “LURE MAKING LURE DESIGN LURES YOU HAVE MADE”