swagman jumbuck lures

Swagman Lures
Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

swagman jumbuck lures

Post by Mully » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:06 am

Never heard of them but now I own 3 they are around 95mm including bib 60mm without..They looked interesting to me so A few more to the collection cannot hurt, can it ?? nope

any one heard of them

Fizza

Post by Fizza » Thu May 01, 2008 4:24 pm

Mully, these were originally made by John Laws, {not golden microphone John Laws} of Lawsies Lures fame. I'm pretty sure the Jumbuck series were his 1st lure and then came Lawsies Lures.

You have the little ones here, others are 100mm bodied i think. I also think he sold out some time in the last 10 or 12 yrs to whoever owns it now, dunno for sure.

Mr_Willy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mr_Willy » Thu May 01, 2008 9:57 pm

They definitely don't look like that anymore!!

The biggest size are a good cod lure - I used to have a couple but they got lost to snag piles....

Fizza

Post by Fizza » Thu May 01, 2008 10:38 pm

I only have this style which is the original. What do the new ones look like Willy? I haven't seen them or taken any notice.

Fizza

Re: swagman jumbuck lures

Post by Fizza » Thu May 01, 2008 10:43 pm

Mully wrote:Never heard of them but now I own 3 they are around 95mm including bib 60mm without..They looked interesting to me so A few more to the collection cannot hurt, can it ?? nope

any one heard of them

If ya ever wanna sell em Mully, ya got me email mate bowsmilie

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Fri May 02, 2008 1:31 am

Mully wrote:I have had this little fella for a long time and used it for everything from bream to trout callop and even a little mully on it dunno if its a collectors now but I have retired it...

thats its smaller brother

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Fri May 02, 2008 1:41 am

I found a color chart for them floating around

Fizza

Post by Fizza » Fri May 02, 2008 2:02 am

Do ya know what year that is Mully? I think it's a later chart due to the lure styles more than anything. Could be wrong? Lotsa early patterns missing as well.

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Fri May 02, 2008 2:15 am

yeah 2001 the last update

Fizza

Post by Fizza » Fri May 02, 2008 2:56 am

Lures 3, 19 & 20 in those patterns & lures are old yet also new for the day way back if that makes sense.

19 & 20 were amongst the original Lawsy patterns of those lures. still have a 19 lure in that pattern Lawsy gave me telling me it was the best trout pattern going. Also a 20 exact to the chart.
I got him to do me a few special lures. They cost me a Lefty Krey video at the time. Suckered each other...... lol

I'll email ya a story about the special colours. Bloody crack-up it was.

Return to “Swagman Lures”