Flicks Lures

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Re: Flicks Lures

Post by Lure-Nut » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:29 pm

Brad ... just for clarification, what's the story with the 2 color eyes - is that the way to determine Neil v Pre-Neil lures ???
Cheers Rob

brolly
Guru
Guru

Post by brolly » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:40 pm

Brad i'll send closers pics if you like but i'm telling you there's a lot of moulded Flick's Cobras already out there as i have a heap as do mates.Sadly the packageing says they are ceda but i assure you they are plastic.Sorry the pics not brilliant but look closely and you can see the moulded seam in the top one as well as no black glue around the bib.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:05 pm

Rob,
Neil hasn't produced any Cobra's as far as he told me 2 months ago. Flick changed to Black overYellow eyes 2-4 years ago. Before that he did a tri colour eye, Green fading to yellow outer witha red pupil.

Mike, I think I can see a line near the belly hanger on the top one, very interesting that... I would have said it was the wire slot, but Flick used twisted hangers like everyone else does.??? can you see any grain marks in the paint anywhere?

I hope some bugger isn't flop moulding them and flogging them off as the ridge didge....Can you PM me a close up of the moulded only please?

Better check some sources I know, I'll get back to you.

Brad
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:20 pm

Mate ... what do these eyes tell you, I'm sure that a few of these are older than 4 years - all have black goo round the bib and no mould marks visible ???
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers Rob

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:25 pm

Rob,
It tells me that maybe the eye change was earlier than I thought (oldtimers setting in) but made of timber lol

I have looked at the ones I bought recently (3-4 months ago) and yes mine all have grain marks, and twisted hangers as they should, although the loops are larger and extend more than those on my 20+ year old one.

Brad
acta non verba

brolly
Guru
Guru

Post by brolly » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:15 pm

Brad/Rob,Here's a close up pic of the moulded "Flicks Cobras" as requested.It should be noted that i purchased these prior to Neil aquiring the business and was aware they were plastic even though the pack clearly sugests they are cedar(timber)if my mail is correct these could become far rarer than any timber versions

???

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:57 pm

Mike,
the early info I have suggests that there are some moulded Cobra's around. Only the 20ft version and fairly recent arrivals too it seems, available in 6 or 8 colours.
I will try a couple of ph calls later tonite to see if I can confirm the supplier.
And yes I have put in an order for one lol

Cheers Brad
acta non verba

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:51 pm

OK,
well I havn't had much luck with enquiries, apart from learning from from the shop where everyone is getting them, that these lures are coming from Flick Robertson. No one is willing to divulge who is actually moulding them, so can only go on suppositions, which I won't.

Will keep trying though

Brad
acta non verba

msugden
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by msugden » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:45 pm

None of the lures on the original post were made by me, I have never used black epoxy to glue the bibs it has always been clear. Also I made a colour called NFI it was a metalic maroon with black pattern, I originally made it for one person but everybody caught on and wanted that colour.

Cheers
Murray

aussbasstony
Guru
Guru

Post by aussbasstony » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:40 pm

Hi Mr Wiekipide Brad... nahnah

Dragged this old post up as I searched for some info on Flicks Lures, I don’t collect them but acquired a couple and one in particular I am giving to a mate cause I owe him a favour. It is the fatter body and pretty cool colour to match, well it looks good in the flesh.

I know this one is well over 10 years old but can you tell me about the Big Kick-ass Bib like you mentioned in one of your replies would be nice to give a bit of history and age about it when I hand it over. Brand new in plastic packet with a yellowy tinge backing card as shown.
Any info Brad would be appreciated.

Cheers Tony
muhmuh
Yes I am an addict and love collecting Lures........

Return to “Flicks Lures”