Flick's Lures

Marrakai
Guru
Guru

Flick's Lures

Post by Marrakai » Sun May 17, 2009 2:13 pm

OK, seen the occasional reference to Flick's Lures in other threads on these forums, and during a clean-up the other day I discovered I actually have an example, in my favourite Heddon Tiger-style, no less.

So, you guys with all the knowledge, please fill me in. Who the F*ck is Flick? Image
Marrakai
Australia's Top End

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Re: Flick's Lures

Post by fishaholiclures » Sun May 17, 2009 3:26 pm

Marrakai,
Flick Robertson is a lure carver of some repute and has been making lures for more than 20 years , he is also a member of the fishstocking group in Murgon Qld, his lures sell mainly around the south burnett region and down into the SE corner.
I have had the pleasure of fishing with him on a number of occaisions and besides being a gun lure fisho is a great bloke as well.

His most pupular lures are the COBRA series, but it looks like you have an early pattern there as you say modelled of the Heddon Tiger like Eric Moller's were.

Brad
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

simon bruce
Master
Master

Post by simon bruce » Sun May 17, 2009 8:26 pm

Mate

that is awesome, a great piece of lure making memorabilia

Simon

Marrakai
Guru
Guru

Post by Marrakai » Mon May 18, 2009 6:46 pm

Thanks, Brad. Just the kind of info I was looking for. Better move that lure up forward a few rows in the collection then! Image
Apologies for never having heard of Flick before- I was born and raised a Queenslander, however I moved to the Territory about the time
he got started by the looks, so I plead ignorance!

Simon: I wish I could recall how I came by that lure, but not a clue. Seem to remember swimming it a few times, but no teeth-marks luckily!
Marrakai
Australia's Top End

Return to “Flicks Lures”