More Queensland Lures

Dave Pearce
oog663
Expert
Expert

More Queensland Lures

Post by oog663 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:49 pm

A couple of Daves Pearce Lures from about thirty years ago. Sorry about quality of pics.1st post newby. -duh
100_0865_1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*** Neighbours Cats make nice Hats ***

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Re: More Queensland Lures

Post by fishaholiclures » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:30 pm

Hi oog, welcome to the site. thumbsupsmilie
Is that the same Dave Pierce who was a butcher?. He used to live down Underwood way.

Cheers Brad
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

oog663
Expert
Expert

Post by oog663 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:55 pm

Hi not sure if he was a Butcher ,Lived in Rochedale,Became Crystal Lures in about 2000.

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:35 pm

Hi oog,
Yeah thats the same Dave Pierce. thumbsupsmilie I was managing a tackle shop when he started making the Crystal Lures. Still got a few including a deep diving one he nicknamed 'Psycho' after it action. Reveloutionary material he made them from as well. The glitter finish was totally different to anything available back them.
Crystal Lures.jpg
He also had a range of lures he made before the Crystals. All I have left is a Bass Pig. He sold these designs to Spawn Lures when he kicked off with the Crystals.
Bass Pig.jpg
After 12 months or so, he hooked up with TC Good, who eventually bought the business off Dave and proceeded to make his Zed Lure with the same Crystal Lure Materials.

Cheers Brad
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
acta non verba

Schultzy
Expert
Expert

Post by Schultzy » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:31 am

Dave sold off his original timber lure business to Kev Horsey from Wulkuraka who traded as Horsey's Lures.

Kev changed all of the lures to moulded urethane and introduced several new models.
If You Can Not Stand Behind Our Troops,
Please Feel Free To Stand In Front Of Them

Image Image ImageImage

oog663
Expert
Expert

Post by oog663 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:50 am

Hi Neil , Thanks for the imformation I didn't know Kev took over Daves business.and thanks Brad for pics,have not seen those lures before. howdy
Cheers Steve

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:31 am

the strikezone had a psycho as well very nice action also ,,the above lures look very nice also great bib profile thumbsupsmilie

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:49 pm

Mully,
The Crystal Lure deep diver never went into full production, so only had the 'nickname' Psycho by Dave.
I did point out to him the fact that Strike Zone had a Psycho model when he gave me the one I still have to test fish. I even ended up catching a few Bjelke Petersen Dam Bass on the thong too clapclap .

I do like the Strike Zone Psycho's, probably one of the most durable copies of the Scorpion on the market. The full thru wire and solid poly foam construction makes them almost unbreakable. The only bad comments I have heard were the Ultra Deep Diving XL size, that used to blow the bibs off when they were trolled faster than 6 knots lol. A lot of Sunshine Coast anglers used to troll them for Spanish Mackeral and Wahoo.

I saw a large one sent back from PNG afetr catching a massive Black Bass, the body was broken in 2 but because of the full wire, the angler stayed connected to the fish. He sent it back with a pic of the Bass (HUMONGOUS) to Strike Zone as a testimonial.

Brad
acta non verba

simons rat
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by simons rat » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:42 pm

Bass Pig

cheers,

Steven

Return to “Dave Pearce Lures”