Herbert Lures

Hebert Lures
jimmymate
Rookie
Rookie

Herbert Lures

Post by jimmymate » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:29 pm

Just thought i would share some of Herberts lures with you all. I hope this picture does the finish on these lures justice as they are simply brilliant little lures

I will take a few more shots of others i have soon.

If anyone else has any Herbert lure i would love to see them thumbsupsmilie
Picture 002 [].jpg
Cheers Jim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jimmymate
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Herbert Lures

Post by jimmymate » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:04 pm

Hey Bullrout,

Herbert Lures are made by Herbert Safones, he has lived here in Australia and frequently returns home to Urugauy. He supplied a small amount to Compleat Angler Melbourne and some to Paul at Cranbourne tackle shop. He stopped making lures quite a few years ago now and the ones above where some he made for some cash when he last returned home. Think he made 100 or so of this model (i couldnt help myself and bought 35) thumbsupsmilie .

Not sure how many models but alot of one offs and limited runs of different models.

Here are a few more. Sorry the pics arnt good but you get an idea.
Picture 003 [].jpg
Picture 004 [].jpg
Picture 005 [].jpg
Picture 006 [].jpg
Picture 007 [].jpg
Picture 008 [].jpg
Picture 009 [].jpg
Picture 010 [].jpg
Picture 011 [].jpg
Picture 012 [].jpg
Picture 013 [].jpg
Picture 014 [].jpg
Picture 016 [].jpg
I think there is a pic of one of his lures in the mystery/unknown section under "like hueys but different"

Hope you like.

Cheers Jim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:03 pm

Jim .... your 007 'secret agent' picture looks seriously like one of my unknown timbers offered up for trade the other day ???

Jeeeeze, glad no-one PM'd me about it lol lol lol lol

Now sounds very much like a keeper with a new name yay yay
Cheers Rob

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:55 am

droolsmilie very nice lures also never heard of them till now

barra king
Rookie
Rookie

Post by barra king » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:49 am

Nice lures alright.Have you tried them?.I know your collecting them but wondering how they rate at hooking up with just single hooks?I had a go years ago at replacing trebles with single hooks on similar sized lures and i could hardly ever hook up and if i did id lose the fish anyway,changed back to trebles and it was a totally different story. howdy

jimmymate
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jimmymate » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:09 am

I have only fished the small minnows for trout and i dont find the singles too much of a problem although I would prefer trebles or W hooks on all my "fishing" lures. Herbert is very big on catch and release and his thoughts were that they will cause less damage to the fish. I like them from a collectors view as not alot of lures have singles with no split rings on straight through one piece wire.

I will try and post a few more pics in the next week or two of others i have, just cant locate them at the moment. -duh

Cheers Jim

jimmymate
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jimmymate » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:12 pm

Reel Nuts
Looks to me like one of Herberts, he use to put a black dot near the tail of alot of his lures as a kind of signiture. thumbsupsmilie

Do you know if the lure came with singles which have been replaced with trebles as almost all his lures from my understanding came with singles
Cheers Jim

oldfish
Expert
Expert

Post by oldfish » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:20 pm

Jim,

Do you know how old your single hook Herberts are?

The ones I have from Compleat Angler Melbourne city around 5 to 7 years ago have trebles on split rings.
They do have the black dot under the tail.

I was told very recently that the maker lived in Howlong at one stage.Does that make sense to you?

Cheers,

Old Jim (007 Bond)

jimmymate
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jimmymate » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:44 pm

Interesting Oldfish, All the Herberts i own i have purchased from the man himself. Maybe he put singles on the lures he was planning on using for his own use and possible used split rings and trebles on all the one he sold to tackle shops, something i will confirm when i get a chance.

Cheers Jim

PS check your emails Oldfish thumbsupsmilie

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:56 pm

jimmymate wrote:Reel Nuts
Looks to me like one of Herberts, he use to put a black dot near the tail of alot of his lures as a kind of signiture. thumbsupsmilie

Do you know if the lure came with singles which have been replaced with trebles as almost all his lures from my understanding came with singles
Cheers Jim

Mate the lure came with trebles from Compleat Angler in Villawood about 8-10 years ago - found it rumagging around in the specials bin thumbsupsmilie
Cheers Rob

Return to “Hebert Lures”