Post by ocd1688 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:06 pm

Happy birthday young man thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie

Albert

jorgvh
Expert
Expert

Re: Ian Stimpson Lure

Post by jorgvh » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:04 pm

Yes great looking lure and happy birthday dave.

diemai
Master
Master

Re: Ian Stimpson Lure

Post by diemai » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:38 pm

A real unique lure with that special tail extension thumbsupsmilie , .......must generate a different commotion in the water , ...nice one for sure thumbsupsmilie !

There are few lures like that around , I guess ,............years ago I've purchased one lure from the "Mean Lures" line issued by the English "Harris Angling" store , ........I was just curious about the action that it would have , .........only to find that it swims like a dead stick , ........haven't used it since !

I guess , that such lure requires a bib to get to wiggle well ?

On the second lure(one of my earliest homemadies , a knock-off of the "Mann's Pogo Shad") the tail extension(rather a flap serves to generate the lure action itself , ....this one rather swims like a vibrating lure with a tight wiggle at a high frequency .

It sadly turned out very heavy , ....at rest it hangs head-down , only the red tail portion would stick out of the surface , .....at a jerk it would generate a dim popping noise , dart downward and the lure would come back in at about 0,5 metres depth .

I'm always fond of such lures sporting out-of-the-box features , ...I strongly believe , that these can sometimes make up for the difference between being blank and success .
PIC_0004-1.JPG
greetz , Dieter howdy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

Return to “Ian Stimpson Lures”