Tonk Lure Made by Robert Dunn

Tonk Lures
Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Re: Long Tonk Lure

Post by Lure-Nut » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:39 pm

Dave .... your a Bugga, kept these quiet for years but it seems like a few have leaked onto the Bay recently - yep guilty, date back to the 90's and there are a few more around if you can find them - Long Tonks, Fat Tonks, Small Tonks and a few other specials lol lol

All BS aside the one you have was a gun lure top end of Glenbawn trolled deep along the river beds - enough were made for mates, but no time for more .... maybe it's time I made a few more but I can't paint for nuts. Still have a representative of most models left - the missus gave a bunch away to the local school for fund raising last year, so they may still be out there crazysmilie crazysmilie

The feature of the Long Tonk was an extremely high frequency at relatively low speeds ....
Cheers Rob

Stephen Booth
Expert
Expert

Post by Stephen Booth » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:52 am

Ah, but nowhere near as classy as the first one posted - for obvious reasons!

Rob - a man with a long, long addiction it seems.

Well done Dave, never heard of these.

simon bruce
Master
Master

Post by simon bruce » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:36 pm

Bit disappointed that all the bibs and tow points seem to be the same.

No wire through staple or thickness variation.

And the eyelets all appear remarkably similar.

I can see why he has kept this quiet, the lack of variation, apart from models, is disappointing and I can see why he took up collecting deceptions.
Last edited by simon bruce on Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:21 pm

Simon .... never had time to make enough to think about variations, leave that to someone like Paul who knows what he's doing -duh

Trust Dave to find a stash in Sydney and bring back old memories - will be interesting to see if he can locate the final 2 models he hasn't got lol lol lol

Think I have one of, one of them left at home ....
Cheers Rob

Rupe
Master
Master

Post by Rupe » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:25 pm

nice work Rob!

can certainly see some of the lures you love now influencing you way back when...

perhaps when you tire of travelling the world for 'work' you can get back into punching a few of the 'tonks' out
Rupe.

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught...

brolly
Guru
Guru

Post by brolly » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:18 pm

I figured if i looked long enough in the shed i'd be a chance of finding a Tonk.No idea where i got it but think it's been in the shed for quite some time.I think it should get a spot somewhere on a glass shelf now instead of the shed lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:48 pm

Brolly .... you have stunned me, well I'll be damned, where did you get that from ???

Your network has no peer - they were never sent to QLD other than what I brought with me -duh
Cheers Rob

simon bruce
Master
Master

Post by simon bruce » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:53 pm

Brolly = Lure Magnet

RDRQ2

Post by RDRQ2 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:38 pm

were these lures influenced by Bagley ???

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:05 pm

Ok Dave .... made it home, scratched around out the back and found a few interesting Tonks for you thumbsupsmilie

In the pic below are the 2 Tonks you are missing and a Little Tonk variant with a squared off bib .... the nudie was called a Slim Tonk with an amazing action, the middle one was a Tad Tonk and the other I'm now officially naming 'Simons Stubbie Tonk' cause it's a variant lol lol

Mate, I'll send you the two painted ones and will see if I can find a Slim Tonk somewhere - this is the original first carved one so I'd prefer to keep it yay
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers Rob

Return to “Tonk Lures”