SNIPER LURES

Sniper Lures
aussbasstony
Guru
Guru

Re: SNIPER LURES

Post by aussbasstony » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:06 pm

Rupe wrote:Top finish indeed & going by the one that sold last night VERY VERY popular!!

(up to mods ofcourse)
Rupe it is a nice lure and the way the bidding was going on it at end of auction and through the auction is why i was not going there.

Nice lure and Kudos to the maker but someone who is just starting out and selling them I think a maker needs to do the yards and time will make them more valuable to the collector !

Rupe
Master
Master

Post by Rupe » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:02 pm

Nearly $100 for the first one auctioned... Don't need to much more valuable or collectable than that!

I'd be happy if anything I did got that high!

Not sure what you mean about the bidding? Do you know something we don't?

Care to share?
Rupe.

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught...

aussbasstony
Guru
Guru

Post by aussbasstony » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:35 pm

Rupe wrote:Nearly $100 for the first one auctioned... Don't need to much more valuable or collectable than that!

I'd be happy if anything I did got that high!

Not sure what you mean about the bidding? Do you know something we don't?

Care to share?

That's fine by me Rupe , But as I said I was not willing to pay that for a Lure maker I have just herd of or the first I have seen myself. As yours started off cheap I was happy to pay what I did and they were a great finished product Rupe.

Rellik-doc-rob
Guru
Guru

Post by Rellik-doc-rob » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:23 am

Tony...I was the highest bidder on that lure ( Twice ) and until almost the end , was still the highest bidder with a bid I put in days before the end. My intention was to scare a few bidders off because I really did want that lure to go with my other "Sniper-lures". That plan didn't work....so I missed the lure. Unfortunately , as a lot of people know...I go to bed early and get up early for work ( mostly 3.30 - 4am daily ) so I was in bed well before the auction ended at around 9.45pm.
If the winning bidder is a member of this forum , and is willing to resell the lure ? I will happily give them the money they paid ,,,plus a small profit if they want.

A lure is worth exactly what the purchaser is willing to pay , and each person will put differing values on lures depending how much they want or maybe need it to complete a set. RDR
Rellik-Doc-Rob...

The Harder I work, the luckier I get...

transom
Rookie
Rookie

Post by transom » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:34 am

Hi Rob,

Do I understand this correctly. In order to scare off other bidders , before the auction was over, you,an authority on the subject, posted what must be the best review for a lure and maker that I have ever read.

Please feel free to correct me if I have made a mistake. I am new to this buying/selling/auctioning of lures .

All the best, Transom
Never take sleeping tablets and laxatives at the same time.

Rellik-doc-rob
Guru
Guru

Post by Rellik-doc-rob » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:03 am

Transom...you are correct , my bidding was with the intention of scaring off the opposition so I hopefully would win the lure. I posted my thoughts of the maker on the site hoping to give his lure making ability the credit it deserves & I stick by my comments. It has also made other people aware of his lures , which will make my desire to buy more of them on ebay cheaply very hard to do. So I am hoping to add to my collection of his lure by buying them from him directly and pre-ordered.
I am far from being an ebay expert....and at times with my ABU reel buying and collecting , my bidding finger has a mind of its own. But always happy when the parcels arrive and the credit card deductions are only vague memory.... lol lol lol RDR

PS. Posts on this site must be accurate......I posted my review on "Sniper-lures ".. a day after the auction finished. Thats a fact !! "Not before the auction finished"
Rellik-Doc-Rob...

The Harder I work, the luckier I get...

transom
Rookie
Rookie

Post by transom » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:31 am

Thanks for explaining that Rob, I only had the dates of the posts to go by and it didn't make sense. I agree that information posted on this site must be accurate or the site will lose credibility.

If you ever want to review some of mine, I will have them delivered by two attractive ,scantily clad young women with a bottle of your favourite tipple under each arm. lol But don't tell anyone.

Cheers, Transom.
Never take sleeping tablets and laxatives at the same time.

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:08 am

you two are nutters ,, crazysmilie

Rupe
Master
Master

Post by Rupe » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:19 am

Had an up close and personal look at the lure that was auctioned today & it's even better in the flesh!

I wish I could get this nice of a finish on mine!

More hours to spend in the batcave I think! Practice practice practice
Rupe.

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught...

Flicker
Expert
Expert
Mood:

Post by Flicker » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:04 pm

Rob and Rupe..now you guys are making me blush...

Rupe, yours are just as nice a finish if not better mate nahnah

have been giving them a good crack lately, enjoying every minute making them. will post up a few pics later of some more.

cheers
Adam
Cheers
Adam (Sniper Lures)

Return to “Sniper Lures”