Leon Cubitt Lures

Leon Cubitt Lures
simon bruce
Master
Master

Re: Leon Cubitt Lures

Post by simon bruce » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:56 pm

Knew there was a reason to buy that magazine.

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:36 pm

Nice lures Dave, The froogy would look just fine in my frog pond with his US cousins #7 & #9 wwnk lol

"Yes mate a lot of info in it ,And there's Franks report too"

I just wish they would put it further forward in the magazine, instead of way back alongside the fluffnfur recipe of the month lol lol

Brad
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

Jigmaster
Guru
Guru

Post by Jigmaster » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:11 am

It was at the front because I accidentally wrote about Tasmanian lures and they had a special issue about Tasmania so I went 'legit' in the front of the mag!! lol lol

Still not sure about the other one mate - try and put it in the unknowns and see what others think.

BTW Leon Cubitt lures sure to go up in value and get the recognition they deserve.

Capt.Seaweed
Guru
Guru

Post by Capt.Seaweed » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:35 pm

Dave,
Just found this post, you're a legend helped me name another of my unknowns.
My lure is almost identical to your green with black bars, mine is green/yellow with black bars.
Picked mine up in Georgetown (north of Launceston) in a small general store in 1993.
Know the date accurately, as I was down that way doing a Seatel satellite tracker job for Santos at Bells Bay on the Tamar.
Bloke in shop told me it was called a 'Devil Cake', until your post didn't know the maker, thanks mate. thumbsupsmilie
Regards, Tony (Wulagi, NT).
"Always merry and bright"

brolly
Guru
Guru

Post by brolly » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:43 am

G'day guys,i found this in the lure shed from hell (must get in and tidy it up one day)it looks similar to one of the above mentioned lures.Maybe it could be an early Leon biscuit or Harry fishcake or something eatible. lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stephen Booth
Expert
Expert

Post by Stephen Booth » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:10 am

Wow Brolly that looks like the kind of paint job only I could do - is that Liquid Paper?

Can hardly believe that trout ate those things, but love it nonetheless.

You guys really do have way too many lures (and that is said in the most sincere form of jealousy)

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:30 am

bullrout22 wrote:There is also another lure maker in Tasmania that made a lure similar to these it was called
a Devil Cake any chance of a picture of your lure mate ???
Be great to see it
Dave the Devil Cake was made by Wigston's, maker of the Tassie Devil I seem to recall.

Cheers Brad
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

brolly
Guru
Guru

Post by brolly » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:17 am

bullrout22 wrote:
brolly wrote:G'day guys,i found this in the lure shed from hell (must get in and tidy it up one day)it looks similar to one of the above mentioned lures.Maybe it could be an early Leon biscuit or Harry fishcake or something eatible. lol
Mike

Can you take a picture of the bottem id like to see the hook hangers
Cubitt lure's usaully have oversize hangers and no split rings on trebles thumbsupsmilie
Here's an underneath shot Dave and yes Boothy that white mess does look a bit like liquid paper but who knows.The ol' fellow i got if off probably never heard of liquid paper he'd be from the slate board era.
lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Capt.Seaweed
Guru
Guru

Post by Capt.Seaweed » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:29 pm

G'day Dave, here it is. Sorry about the out-of-focus appearance, don't know how to overcome this.
Leon Cubitt.JPG
Leon Cubitt (2).JPG
OK so the bloke in the shop at Georgetown was incorrect, it's not a 'Devil Cake'.
So does anyone know what Leon Cubitt called this one?
Dave, would you call this a frog pattern, very similar to yours except mine yellow where yours is white.
Regards, Tony (Wulagi, NT).
"Always merry and bright"

Marrakai
Guru
Guru

Post by Marrakai » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:06 pm

Here's another Leon Cubitt lure with a slightly different body-shape from those already posted.
Picked it up in Tassie last month, hanging on the wall in ol'mate Dave's fishing shack.

<click to enlarge>
LeonCubitt.jpg
This lure is made of urethane or similar dense plastic material.
Were Cubitts always plastic, or were early versions made of timber?
Marrakai
Australia's Top End

Return to “Leon Cubitt Lures”