Megabass Type x.

neb
Expert
Expert

Megabass Type x.

Post by neb » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:52 pm

I have a collection of Megabass Type x (the frog surface lure) they are still in their cylindrical cardboard packets. I started collecting them when they first come out, they have never left the packets. Can someone give me their thoughts on what a collection would be worth. I am thinking of selling them There are 22 in the collection. Nev

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Re: Megabass Type x.

Post by Mully » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:02 pm

gday Neb i also had the complete set including a special edition "year of the ox" edition they are a beautiful lure ,,a friend sold a set for $600 unfortunately not a lot but in my opinion in a few more years they will be worth a packet
good luck with the sale mate as mentioned a awesome lure ,,have you noticed the eyes and writing on them ????

neb
Expert
Expert

Post by neb » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:45 am

Yer Mully, they were a lure that attracted me right from the start, I saw my first in Noumea years ago and just had to have them. Do you know how many there were in the original set, Ive got 20 without limited editions..Nev

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:12 am

to my knowledge there are 25 all up and 19 in the original set without limiteds

typex.jpg

Charged
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Charged » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:54 pm

I've seen similar offerings on e-bay before, I'm not sure if the ones I have recently seen are made by the same manufacturer. Here in the US, Megabass lures used to be sold at generic prices. It surprises me to see there current costs now. I should have bought more of them around 10 years ago when they could be picked up at under 2$ a pop at my local bait shop.

Maybe I just caught an initial introduction special. As they seem to bring higher prices now.

neb
Expert
Expert

Post by neb » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:45 pm

Thanks Mully, Is that colour chart a recent one, because the nineteen I have are not the same as the colour chart. For instance the mamushi comes in a clam shell packet not the cardboard cylinder of the older lures. I have a mamushi but I could not find one in the older packet which makes me think it a newer colour...Nev

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:12 pm

your right the MAMUSHI isnt a cylinder pack they were the blister pack

Charged
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Charged » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:44 am

I made a mistake......... Sorry.

I checked , and the lures I was referring to are called MegaBite's.

Return to “[ASIAN] FISHING LURES VINTAGE AND COLLECTABLE LURES FROM ASIA AND OTHER”