Nautilus Evolution

Nautilus Lures
Capt.Seaweed
Guru
Guru

Nautilus Evolution

Post by Capt.Seaweed » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:12 pm

G'day All,
Been awhile since we've had an NT maker post, thought I'd share the changing shape as the Chris Hurt Nautilus range evolved.
Originally he called them Nautilus, but as new models came about, he later named these Barra Blitz, after producing other models including fizzers and poppers along with his Mack Magnets.
Top lure the original shape mid 80's, next down around 88, third possible early 90's and lastly the current shape in his 'Roy' (Andrew Symonds) livery.
The Roy was spawned as a local joke, after his fall from grace for going fishing, instead of training for a one-day international.
Was lucky to find no.2 as I'd lost all mine to fish over the years, but luckily scored this gold one from a junk shop recently, giving me the set again, this one happens to be my favourite shape for barra, hope you like.
Nautilus Lures.JPG
Nautilus Lures2.JPG
Regards, Tony (Wulagi, NT).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Always merry and bright"

simon bruce
Master
Master

Re: Nautilus Evolution

Post by simon bruce » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:57 pm

@barragure

very informative, they are a solid looking lure and look very functional.

Had been to Fishing & Outdoors in Darwin a few times when living in Kununurra but at the time I was buying Manns 10+, 12+ and 20+.

Another thing to add to "if only I knew then what I know now file".

Simon

Rellik-doc-rob
Guru
Guru

Post by Rellik-doc-rob » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:45 am

Great lures & great bloke.......not only a good lure-maker , but possibly the best salt-water fly fishermen in the territory ...along with Graemme Williams & Pip Clements.

Chris is the master of Darwin Harbour... clapclap clapclap
Rellik-Doc-Rob...

The Harder I work, the luckier I get...

Capt.Seaweed
Guru
Guru

Post by Capt.Seaweed » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:32 pm

Rob,
Agree mate, I know Chris very nice bloke as is Grahame, haven't seen Pip around for a few years now, someone said he went to South America to fish?
Another bloke I think you know Andrew (Hully) Hullick, is a mate, told me your wives worked together in the bank, when you lived here.
"Always merry and bright"

YOUNGGUN
Rookie
Rookie

Post by YOUNGGUN » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:33 pm

Nice lures clapclap and the story behind one of them is great thumbsupsmilie

Rellik-doc-rob
Guru
Guru

Post by Rellik-doc-rob » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:36 pm

barraguru wrote:Rob,
Agree mate, I know Chris very nice bloke as is Grahame, haven't seen Pip around for a few years now, someone said he went to South America to fish?
Another bloke I think you know Andrew (Hully) Hullick, is a mate, told me your wives worked together in the bank, when you lived here.
Barra-Guru......Andy & Suzy & the boys.....bloody fantastic family , always get together for food & drinks when im in Darwin. Suzy & me "the wild ones " ...our partners very quiet.
Say g'day if you see them.
Rellik-Doc-Rob...

The Harder I work, the luckier I get...

Return to “Nautilus Lures”