Rude and aggresive

Talk About Anything, but Please Remember the Rules.
vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rude and aggresive

Post by vince. » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:27 am

jimmymate wrote:I have not changed my stance on buying lures because i like them and i really couldnt care if they increase or decrease in value
Jimmy, I don`t sell lures, have done a couple of trades but I really don`t like that idea either. Started amassing lures in an effort to learn about something of interest. This soon changed into something altogether different crazysmilie

I`m not an investor in lures(I`d be the worst one in history if I was), but I don`t hold it against those that do. Promoting the idea that some makers are more collectable than others is manipulation & raises the prices accordingly. What is collectable should always be a personal choice & it is foolish to think that those starting out are not influenced by those they think have all the knowledge.

Innocent as they may appear, statements like "I think so & so is the most innovative lure maker to come out of so & so" made by people considered Guru`s on their forums or Facebook pages, do have a great deal of impact on the uninformed. I know, I listened to & believed it for years until I realised that knowing a lure maker(brilliant or not) & having a lot of his lures, doesn`t make him more collectable than anyone else.
Regards.....Vince.

jimmymate
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jimmymate » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:05 am

Absolutely spot on Vince clapclap clapclap clapclap

I will happily admit i followed the so call trends.

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:32 am

Jimmy, as you are probably not aware of how the Rude & Offensive term we like to throw about, came about. This is the story.

It is the description of my character given by a former staff member here after he received this PM from myself.

“Hello Roger,
As I was the person responsible for deleting your post, Albert has forwarded your PM on to myself & asked if I would reply.
I deleted the post, not because if was offensive in content, but because it breached the sign up agreement, that you as a former Staff member, should have been well aware.
Your assumption that as a loyal supporter you should be extended rights that others don`t have, I did find offensive.
You may feel like the White Knight who is going to unite the lure world with your version of the facts. I hope this works for you. Albert & myself did not purchase L&M with any grand illusions. We purchased the site to preserve & protect the copyright of the information contained within & personally, I care little if it lives or dies as a forum.
The information is our main concern. If you, or any (to use your term) “High Profile” collectors take offence at being treated the same as the rest, then so be it. Don`t let the door hit you in the arse on the way out.”

Right or wrong in his assessment of me, when you use words like “Poke his eyes out and cut off his fingers", as this member did in a previous post, I don`t think you should point the finger. lol lol lol

In this thread called Pumpkin Coloured Kadaitcha, we have a group of well meaning, kind gentle folk, trying to lynch yet another rogue lure maker for his evil ways lol lol None of these good folk are being rude & aggressive though, just trying to save the world. lol lol
Regards.....Vince.

jimmymate
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jimmymate » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:24 am

Haha very interesting Vince.

I must admit that this website was visited very frequently by myself over the years, but like other form of reading material i only really looked at the photos and not the articles. (Wink wink) Now as i get a little older im finding more interest in the articles. lol

Thanks for enlightening me on why you are labelled as rude and aggressive but more importantly on enlightening me on the "pumpkin coloured kad" thread.

Its one thing to look back at things an and notice how your opinions and view may change whether it be through lack of knowledge or experience, however to crucify a bloke for doing something you so strongly beleive is wrong, then to do it yourself / cover it up, just takes the cake. crazysmilie

What an eye opener the "last bucket" was

Jimmy

Return to “LURE AND MORE - GENERAL CHAT”