Look out Albert

Talk About Anything, but Please Remember the Rules.
vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Look out Albert

Post by vince. » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:27 pm

Albert my old friend, after many years of carefully addressing the politics of lure collecting, as is your way, it would appear you have messed up crazysmilie crazysmilie

Under the not so subtle guise of trying to help the buyers & collectors, a post attacking you has appeared from the master manipulator on Lurelovers. With the help of a couple of willing buffoons (Al & Ton), it`s no wonder your Scampi`s never attracted any attention. I thought it was because Paul Kneller was on the nose, but as it turns out, you are lol

All of this is not at all surprising given the quality of the people involved. What does surprise me & really annoys me is that not one of your mates or anyone for that matter, has gone in to point out the stupidity of the post. Maybe they are just not bright enough to see they are being again manipulated by Rob Dunn.
Regards.....Vince.

krystalluvlures
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Re: Look out Albert

Post by krystalluvlures » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:09 pm

Lurelovers is a joke!! And some of the people on there are just rude and think they know it all

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:18 am

Really ???

Funny thing that I was told about this couple of weeks ago and didn’t pay much attention to it.
I did a Mully long time ago ie not paying any attention or log on to this particular site.
I am not a watchman.

But a copy of this post arrived.
As usual, I studied it. What a comedy lol

The characters in this play are

Lure-nut----current member here, former moderator here, been cornering the market for Deception for years

Ausbasstony—current member here, probably still with 2 user names, former moderator here

Fishalcolic—current member here, former moderator here

Alaister----Known as Alistir here, banned from here, also known as Eric Campbell, a deep sleeping cell here since 2011 until he was exposed this year.

Froggy—lover of lures, current member here, innocent bystander

Prelude

I acquired 28 Scampi’s from the innocent bystander who is lure mad.
God only know how much he paid for them. Obviously he knew and of course the maker knew.

These were ordered and custom made for him, in 2012, on a copy lathe. Whether he knew this at the time I do not know. These were custom painted for him. 3 or 4 band rings , solid rings, fluffy white rings, semi- nudes, different timbers, signature or no signature, smooth or ripple backs etc etc.

Beautiful lures they are. That is all perfectly fine as the lure maker is entitled to make a living from his craft.

As I don’t collect these lures, I informed him that I will be moving them on.

I used to have several hundred Deceptions of different models so I do know something about them. thumbsupsmilie

A big proportion went to the main character in this comedy, the creator of this post. Quite a few went to three annual site upkeep auctions to help Mully out.

So off to the bay 3 of these 2012 VINTAGE Scampi’s went, described in 2 words New Scampi, lure A,B and C with 3 nice pics per lure I might add.

I listed the starting price at $75 each, which I thought would be quite a reasonable starting point for a Scampi. There were “watchers” +++++. They didn’t get a bid! I thought the Scampi’s must be on the nose.

3 days before, a Tascpo nipper went for over 40 dollars. To me that compared to a Scampi is like comparing an ugly duckling to a magnificient swan -duh

Scene 1.

A post was put up on the other site by Lurenut, the Guru of this maker’s lures titled “Deception Scampi-Newer 2011 v Older Pre2002” . supposedly to let collectors, and perspective buyers know the need to be careful re the age of the 4 Scampi’s, (there was another person selling one at the same time) that were on the bay .

It is possible that he didn’t know about these are 2012 vintage, as he precluded them with a 2011 date. I doubt it. For someone who is an elitist collector and who has all sorts of custom made lures from this maker, in different boxes, different backing boards, nudes, special colours etc etc, he “has a view on the aging of the 4 Scampi currently on eBay”.

He then had a dig at the listing which included the word Deception. Please have a look at that title of his post crazysmilie

When Froggy informed him that they were custom made for him in 2012, the response was “there were at least 2 of this sets made”. Why pretend he didn’t know ??? ! He then stated “which make them very collectible” lol

The whole purpose of his post was to help “collectors going forward”. clapclap

Why the hell won’t he, or other characters from this comedy, talked about the Tascpo nipper that went for over $40, and warned their readers about that. One would have, not “of”, thought that would be a righteous thing to do.

I don’t understand all these manipulation as all it ended up doing is he has discredited himself and others with him.
Not the way to go about becoming a "legend" nope

Scene 2

in come Alister, who incidentally years ago helped me joined the other site after I bought an RMG from him which was listed in the VINTAGE section on the bay, stating “you have to wonder why people feel the need to label lures like this as “vintage” lol

Then he said “ If that’s not put on the deceive buyers I don’t know what is”. Get a good lawyer, even though the sentence does not make sense, that is libel. I wonder if he has a deep sleeping cell in his site. speaking of deceit zippedsmilie

Scene 3

Fishalcolic's part was quite good really. He got to use words like “succinct”. I am disappointed though as he didn’t follow that up with series of meaning of the word . One cannot get any plainer than this. NO means NO and NEW means NEW, any idiot will understand that, wouldn’t you think ??? -duh

Scene 4

2 days later a member there with “10 points” ie a relatively new member asked a very pertinent question “ how many early scampis were made? How many newer?

Scene 5.

9 days after his initial question the same member followed it up “thought 1 of the deception nuts would of answered my question about the scampis as I was very interested”.

Great “help for Collectors to go forward” indeed clapclap

Scene 6.

When he finally got some "help" Alistir responded with “I don’t know”, “and I am going to take a stab at around 300 newer ones”. And that is after doing 40x6=240. Knowing that at least 2 sets of this customed lures were made, minimum of 3x28 =84, plus “as well as a fair numbers of single lures", that total would be much more than 300. Any fool can see that!

So for the collectors who forked out their hard earn for these “limited” editions, custom made lures, I hope you are not too disappointed thumbsupsmilie .

Scene 7.

Ausbasstony’s response on the same day was “why didn’t you asked the seller, he could of helped plenty!”
I will give you, Tony, the benefit of the doubt with that comment, yes I could have indeed, although I fancy it was delivered with malicious intent! We shall wait and see.

Side note.

And this is really funny Vince thumbsupsmilie

A collector emailed me expressing interest in these lures well before I read the content of this comedy.
And I actually replied that these lures are NOT on the nose, as you so SUCCINCTLY put it, but that I was.

Well I might ban myself after this. crazysmilie

As I said, I don’t usually say shit for a shilling, a new saying I learned very recently, but there are exceptions.

Yes one of my mates said “if you fight with dickheads you become a dick#ead yourself” Again there are exceptions.

As for these lures, even though they are regarded as “very collectible”, I “throw the lot in the bin”, “original thoughts” or not. There is no need to trace them anymore lol lol

The End.

Albert

Post script

There is no further need for a current member who seldom visit nowadays, to log on checking this general chat segment anymore. You got the response salutee

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:28 am

just a thought Vince.

Can you set this segment to open to all so that the readers of this dying forum can read why forum like this are dying ???

Albert

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:29 am

ocd1688 wrote:just a thought Vince.

Can you set this segment to open to all so that the readers of this dying forum can read why forum like this are dying ???

Albert
Not sure if I can remember how Gus lol It`s been that long since I took much interest, maybe I`ve lost the touch -duh -duh Also I can`t check if it has worked because I have been banned & have to log on via the back door crazysmilie

I will respond to your first post when I get a bit more time mate, but I dare say you will be banned within the hour lol lol
Regards.....Vince.

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:14 pm

mate I am still ok.

I don't like myself much when I carried on like that.
It is not in my nature crazysmilie

Albert

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:41 pm

krystalluvlures wrote:Lurelovers is a joke!! And some of the people on there are just rude and think they know it all
Krystall, the concept of a site for the backyard makers is a good one, pretending everyone loves each other is a bit different. I do understand your point, even though I am considered very rude & aggressive by the very same people you refer to lol lol
Regards.....Vince.

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:05 pm

ocd1688 wrote:
I don't like myself much when I carried on like that.
It is not in my nature crazysmilie

Albert
Don`t worry mate, it looks as though there are those that don`t like you at all, no matter how you carry on lol lol lol

That`s their problem, I know you very well, & have had dealings with the others & watched their posts over a considerable period of time & I can confidently say "censored em". If you put them all together, their morals & standards don`t come close to yours. thumbsupsmilie

Your post was very well put together, a lot more gentle than it should have been perhaps, but very much to the point.

Not one word a fabrication or unwarranted. Well maybe the bit about giving Tony Pain the benefit of the doubt. You know as well as I do what he was getting at lol lol You always have tolerated arseholes better than I do thumbsupsmilie
Regards.....Vince.

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:31 am

ok Vince lets have a look at what was said

This is in response to the relatively new member asking for help thumbsupsmilie

"Bm37, why didn't you ask the seller, he could of helped plenty!
Rob and Alistair have tried to the best of knowledge they have and even enlightened me somewhat.
Hope you find whatever you are seeking"

First sentence-----you think Vince, that he is saying that I know censored all and won't be able to help ???

Second sentence--yes Alistir did try -duh Did you see anywhere in this comedy that Rob helped with answer to the Bm37's question ??? I didn't. But it is fantastic that Tony was "somewhat enlightened", even though he has done censored all to answer the question himself. Might be that is why he said what he said in the first sentence because he had "somewhat" added to his considerable knowledge of this maker's lures lol lol lol lol

Third sentence he asked what Bm37 was after, "some answers to his first question" would have been good yay yay .

So what was your take ??? Vince

Albert

Rellik-doc-rob
Guru
Guru

Post by Rellik-doc-rob » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:49 pm

Hello my idiot mates.... A & V...

Resume' and background of the actors in your play would read......

1. Collecting lures for around 4 years , self appointed expert of mc feeder lures and any other collectable known to man.

2. also self appointed expert on everything , and holds a gold medal in " gutless ness " and 2 Olympic medals for shitstirring. Keyboard attacker with no balls.

3. I must say I thought his integrity was above all this , but the past suggestions implicating him in the " Campbell gate affair " have not helped his standing in lure collecting . I do believe though that his knowledge of deceptions should be second only to the maker.

RDR
Rellik-Doc-Rob...

The Harder I work, the luckier I get...

Return to “LURE AND MORE - GENERAL CHAT”