The " Jekyl & Hyde " lure collector

Talk About Anything, but Please Remember the Rules.
Rellik-doc-rob
Guru
Guru

The " Jekyl & Hyde " lure collector

Post by Rellik-doc-rob » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:15 am

Witnessed some strange antics by lure collectors over the past 4 or 5 years , but this would have to take the award for the meanest of them all.
This collector has a very rare lure , and another collector had offered him everything including his wife ( Joking ) to add this lure to his own very extensive collection of lures by the same maker. Perhaps the most extensive collection in this country & catalogue of the history. His attempts have all been in vain , and the owner of the rare lure has played him like a fool .
That is bad enough , but the owner of this particular lure is entitled keep it if he desires. But his attitude and reasoning is childish and below is what he relayed to me in person for doing so.

He related the ownership of this lure to a piece of Coral , owned by a collector of Coral in another part of the world. Apparently this was the only known piece of this very rare Coral in existence. Another piece of the very rare Coral was trolled up by a fishing boat years later and went to auction. Bare with me here.....you will understand where this is heading.
The second piece of Coral was bought by the millionaire collector who owned the first piece. On delivery of the second piece , he smashed it to pieces with a hammer. Reason....... so his original piece was still the only piece in existence in the world. Pathetic attitude to me , but it was his to do with what he liked.

Back to the Jekyl & Hyde collector......

He told me that he had heard of a second lure , the same as his very rare one . And in the event of being able to get his hands on it , he would treat it exactly the same as the Coral collector........ smash it !!

I know most of you out there will find this hard to believe , but it is true. The attitude of this particular collector is really pathetic , yet on the outside he plays the Mr: Nice Guy card.

I let him know in no uncertain terms how I felt about his childish behaviour , and told him to never come back here or contact me in anyway. Obviously not liking my response , his other side has shown.

Like the school teacher that was corrected by his student , and was made to stand in the corner , because he embarrassed the teacher. The student was correct....... but teachers have the attitude , that they can never be wrong . This also carries over to their life outside of school in most cases , but unfortunately for them , they cannot make me stand in the corner.
You are a Pathetic individual , and no loss to the lure collecting fraternity if you leave.

RDR
Rellik-Doc-Rob...

The Harder I work, the luckier I get...

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The " Jekyl & Hyde " lure collector

Post by vince. » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:05 am

Rob,you have never been one to hide your opinions. There are those that are of the opinion that speaking the truth, offensive or not, is the wrong thing to do. You don`t seem to realize that this forum is about having fun, not about the truth smckin .

Personally, I`m of the opinion that without the truth we have nothing here or anywhere for that matter. Trouble-makers like you, are being blamed for the demise of this forum. Whereas, the many like the one you have mentioned above, with their behind the scenes antics, have contributed more to the disharmony than the truth ever could.

We are not all nice blokes, so let`s not pretend we are. Why shoot the messenger. crazysmilie

Anyone who has been at this collecting game for a while, will know that there are many that will sell their soul for a lure. For this reason, I would think that more than one person comes to mind when this post is read. I already know of one member who has put his hand up, mistakenly thinking it was about him lol
Regards.....Vince.

Fizza.
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Fizza. » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:02 pm

Strange bunch some collectors no matter what they collect. thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie

Glad I'm a quiet achiever lol lol lol

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:01 pm

vince. wrote:We are not all nice blokes, so let`s not pretend we are.
I think this should go with this
Fizza. wrote:Glad I'm a quiet achiever
Quite the achiever lol lol
Regards.....Vince.

Fizza.
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Fizza. » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:17 pm

vince. wrote:
vince. wrote:We are not all nice blokes, so let`s not pretend we are.
I think this should go with this
Fizza. wrote:Glad I'm a quiet achiever
Quite the achiever lol lol
A nicer bloke you'd be hard pressed to meet lol lol lol

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:42 pm

Fizza. wrote:A nicer bloke you'd be hard pressed to meet
Not perfect by any means, not to everyone`s tastes lol but an absolute saint compared to Rob`s Mr. Hyde. Funny thing is, he`s considered a real high profile bonus to the community, whereas you are considered, well let`s just say you are considered lol lol, then again ??? lol lol
Regards.....Vince.

Fizza.
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Fizza. » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:50 pm

farter assy farter maddd maddd maddd blah blah salutee salutee salutee

froggy06
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by froggy06 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:58 pm

" Putting your hand up mistakenly " mmmmmmm he or she must have had a conscience lol lol all nice blokes until they get what they are after howdy howdy funny don't even need to name them lol lol and who would guess , then your an as#### if you don't give them what they want lol lol can't beat the power of the " green eyed monster "

Fizza.
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Fizza. » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:55 pm

froggy06 wrote:" Putting your hand up mistakenly " mmmmmmm he or she must have had a conscience lol lol all nice blokes until they get what they are after howdy howdy funny don't even need to name them lol lol and who would guess , then your an as#### if you don't give them what they want lol lol can't beat the power of the " green eyed monster "
clapclap clapclap clapclap clapclap clapclap

F*c*en glad I don't want anything, just sitting back and watching the big d*ck collectors bitching is enough for this little black duck. lol lol lol

Return to “LURE AND MORE - GENERAL CHAT”