Credit where credit is due !

Talk About Anything, but Please Remember the Rules.
Rellik-doc-rob
Guru
Guru

Re: Credit where credit is due !

Post by Rellik-doc-rob » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:02 am

oldfish wrote:Vince and Rob,
My apologies if I came across as criticising this particular post or any one particular person.
Was just meant as a general comment ( hence "fellers" ) to all the feuders on both sides.
It's a no win situation, becomes a pointless exercise, and tedious to those on the sidelines.
Cheers, Jim
Jim ,

If its tedious , then don't read or respond to the topic.

On another matter , it was brought to my attention that you have stated "You are sorry that you ever purchased box collector sets from myself & Paul Knellar". And your reasons why.

When the collector sets were done , I was still a full time lure maker. I made lures to make a living , this was my full time job , therefore I think I was more than entitled to make a profit for my work.

You run a tackle shop I believe ? Do you sell your tackle at cost price ? I don't think so.

Memories are very short in the lure collecting world , and many have benefited from my generosity with FREE gifts of lures over the years. Yet not too many have shown their appreciation for those gifts and it appears it was taken for granted.

You have also been the recipient of such a gift , when you told me times were a little tough. I too have had rough times so I had no hesitation sending your yearly lure to you for FREE , as a gift. I did not seek any public thank you for the gesture , but to receive NO thank you of any form , left a sour taste in my mouth. And your thank you to me is to say you are sorry you ever purchased my collectors set. I doubt that translates to gratitude !!

People in glass houses should be the last to throw stones , as neither Paul or myself forced you to purchase those lures.

RDR
Rellik-Doc-Rob...

The Harder I work, the luckier I get...

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:37 pm

Jim, no need to apologise, I never for one moment thought you were criticising the post, you were just adding your thoughts & I was just adding my comments on what you had written
oldfish wrote: I can never tell if it's me being bullied or someone else you're involved in a private war with.
It may well be a no win, pointless exercise, it may even be tedious to those on the side-lines. Easy to say when it`s not your reputation at stake.

As I said in my previous post , if you are not interested in a topic, don`t bother with it. There are plenty of sections on this forum I have never entered into & probably never will. So, if you don`t like this subject, why come off the side-lines & become a player & then want to be impartial.

If you have no interest in anything other than the lures & the pics, then just look at the pics, that`s your right, many others just want to do this also. But for those that feel like they have been kept in the dark & feed crap, you are right, you have.
Regards.....Vince.

oldfish
Expert
Expert

Post by oldfish » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:00 pm

Sorry Vince, can't agree with you.

If this is a public forum then I feel I have the right of expressing my opinion without having to suffer unjustified aggressive responses.

Shouldn't mysterious posts about sushi restaurants be confined to private messages among "those in the know"

Cheers, Jim

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:39 am

Hi Vince

You kept me up again smckin

Over the years you have been like a King Arthur on a crusade, to seek the truth, to right the wrongs. And even though you haven't got very far you keep soldiering on, trotting on a few toes here and there.

I cannot see , and I have read you reply to Jim's post several times, where you are being aggressive.
Perhaps I am tired.
Shall read it again in the morning howdy

Albert

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:47 am

Hi Jim

Of course you have perfect right of reply.
For the mysterious thread on raw fish, I would prefer to have it cook with some mushroom sauce lol
It must a joke or something. I have no idea mate.

Albert

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:05 am

Gus, I think you may have to do more than read it a few times, to find any aggression in my post. You would have to change it. Jim either hasn`t read it, or has something else on his mind & there is nothing I can do to change that. Each to their own.
Regards.....Vince.

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:06 pm

Haven't been posting anywhere lately and a little embarrassed to only find out today that the ownership of L&M has changed - congratulations Vince and Albert and great to see that the enormous amount of information and pictures on this site will be preserved going forward clapclap

Good luck with the site thumbsupsmilie
Last edited by Lure-Nut on Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers Rob

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:19 pm

Hi Rob

It has been an interesting journey so far.
But I don't think you have missed much as things are rather quiet.

Vince has done hours of tidying up and the theme looks good. bowsmilie
The coming months will probably give a more accurate survival indicator.

Albert

oldfish
Expert
Expert

Post by oldfish » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:17 pm

Don't know how to cut and paste bits from previous posts so will state clearly that this is in response to Rob's "sour taste" comments. If Rob refuses to open my PMs I guess I have no option except publicly denying his allegations.
I did not seek the free gift and state categorically that I did thank him privately at the time.
Regarding collector sets. I was not meaning to criticise either the makers or the purchasers. My point was that I doubt they will return a profit on my "Investment" in my lifetime.
Cheers, Jim

oldfish
Expert
Expert

Post by oldfish » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:04 pm

Vince and Albert,
Interesting to read that people are rumoured to have downloaded the entire site onto their own personal equipment.
Is it possible for you to estimate how many gigabytes (or whatever one measures) that would have taken?
I know when Mully first mentioned possible closure of the site that I expressed an interest in buying discs of the vintage and collectable content But hopefully that becomes unnecessary with you blokes now in control.
Cheers, Jim

Return to “LURE AND MORE - GENERAL CHAT”