Credit where credit is due !

Talk About Anything, but Please Remember the Rules.
Rellik-doc-rob
Guru
Guru

Credit where credit is due !

Post by Rellik-doc-rob » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:58 am

I could never be considered a "Fence-sitter "so I will state my position and relationship with the two gentlemen involved from the start , that being Albert & Vince.
Approaching 56 Y.O.A , I have met thousands of different people through work , sport , fishing and personal life. It was thanks to this site that I have had the pleasure and privilege of meeting both of these men. They are proudly in my list of my best 5 mates , and I trust them with my life knowing they would take a bullet for me.They have been the most loyal and honest blokes I have ever come across. If after reading the above , you think my opinion is bias , then stop reading now !

The L&M site was rescued by these two fella's at a financial cost , with on-going expenses , and obviously their time and energy. This will be the case for as many years as they decide to continue as preservers of it.

After almost 2 months of their efforts , with many internal & external problems to keep the site alive , there have been very few to acknowledge or thank them for their dedication.

Anybody with half of a brain would know that the written content of the site is less than what you would call accurate. Having read less than 10% of the written content , I would say about 50% is accurate. ( 2nd , 3rd , 4th & 5th hand stories repeated as fact , yet since proven to be wrong ) . But the photographs of lures & lure collections are very accurate , and a great reference for everyone . These photos are being used by members and visitors on a regular basis , and will be used in the future as a data base for new & old collectors.

All of this may have been lost if not for the effort and cost that Albert & Vince were willing to inject into L&M.

Manners & gratuity are free , and it would be nice if they were to be used by existing , old and new members and visitors in appreciation for the commitment and effort of these blokes.

I have thanked them privately , but I now do it publicly..... thank you Albert & Vince clapclap clapclap

RDR
Rellik-Doc-Rob...

The Harder I work, the luckier I get...

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Credit where credit is due !

Post by vince. » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:06 am

Rellik-doc-rob wrote: I will state my position and relationship with the two gentlemen involved
Gentlemen, ??? ???
Where did this come from, we have been the two old idiots for as long as I can remember lol
Idiots for sure, but we don`t hold the title there, do we Max lol lol
Regards.....Vince.

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:56 pm

I think the "cone of silence" has been deployed -imsorry

Albert

Rellik-doc-rob
Guru
Guru

Post by Rellik-doc-rob » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:50 am

Perhaps those that cannot bring themselves to thank you both for rescuing the site are also the ones who are rumoured to have downloaded the entire content of the site onto personal data equipment.

Therefore having NO need , or feeling NO need to acknowledge your efforts.

Funny or strange that they are also the people who were seen in this forum reading this post.

"Cone of silence " indeed old mate....... and it is deafening !!

RDR
Rellik-Doc-Rob...

Damo
In The Tade
In The Tade
Mood:

Post by Damo » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:34 pm

I am more than happy to say thanks to Albert and Vince for all they have done to keep the site alive so
THANK YOU. clapclap clapclap clapclap clapclap clapclap clapclap
Cheers,
Damo.
ALICIA'S LURES.

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:27 pm

Rob, your thanks, both publicly & privately, have both been truly appreciated. However, I have to say, that my intentions were never as honourable as you may think. I only speak for myself here.

Personally, my only intention was to preserve the info contained within. A lot of people, over a number of years, have contributed to this forum. The photo`s they have put up, were done with the intention of promoting lure collecting & this site. Protecting their initial posting & the subsequent copyright of their postings was my major concern. Not only that, the information & misinformation posted that helped build knowledge as well as form opinions & prices, is also important to keep as a reference. Maybe it`s time to look back & sort the wheat from the chaff.

I`ve been informed that my rude & aggressive attitude is the reason for the demise of this forum. This may very well be true. If it is, then something is really wrong when it is only acceptable to toe the line, believe everything we are told & never question or ask why.

So, as for the continuation of the forum, who knows, it was terminal before we took it over. I know Albert would like to see the forum continue & even grow. Personally, I would be happy to shut it down & just keep the info base protected. I am also, just as happy to keep it going & have a bit of fun with a handful of contributors if it works out.
Regards.....Vince.

Baz
Guru
Guru
Mood:

Post by Baz » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:31 pm

Vince, the people who think you have a rude and aggressive attitude obviously don't know you at all. A more genuine , well mannered (even after a few ales on the river) , generous Man I have never met.
I'm not sure this forum will return to its former glory, I hope it can, but if it keeps plodding along as is I'm sure we can still have a bit of fun and hopefully learn a bit more about lures and fishing in general.
Wishin I was Fishin..!!

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:51 pm

Baz,

Kind words, but I think rude & aggressive may be closer to the mark thumbsupsmilie

You, I & the likes have been given the blame for the demise of this forum, I wonder who is getting the blame for the others lol lol.

Unfortunately lure collectors are not one big happy family & we`re not to blame for that either. Maybe greed, control & the need for prestige have a hand in it as well. ???
Regards.....Vince.

Baz
Guru
Guru
Mood:

Post by Baz » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:35 pm

I would say assertive, not rude and aggressive. Some people need to hear a few things that may upset them, it just happens to be that some have heard it from you.

People like us haven't ruined this forum, we've helped build it...a lot. Some attitudes and small minds have been the demise of this forum.
Wishin I was Fishin..!!

Rellik-doc-rob
Guru
Guru

Post by Rellik-doc-rob » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:52 am

Just my thoughts , but given with a lot of information to back these thoughts up.

After talking to Brett Campbell , Allan Sloman ,David Smith , John Bennett, & Trevor Mcfeeters in recent times , getting their opinions and stories first hand again ( because I already knew , and have known for a long time ) I get the impression , some of the old members of this site are lying low for their own benefit.

They must be more than a little worried Vince, that with you as a part owner of the site ,you would not be afraid to allow the truth to be written. Therefore "Outing them". In doing so , it could & would lower the value of the lure collections owned by those involved.

Previously , the attitude of those in control of this site never wanted to 'Rock the boat ". Lets just pretend it never happened attitude has mislead the lure collecting fraternity in this country.

For example........ to protect and ignore the wrong doings of one particular lure maker , they have crucified 5 others. All the while , elevating the wrong doer to legend status.

I may be an IDIOT...... and have never denied that , but the common denominator with these 5 other lure-makers was the same bloke. Does that seem a bit strange or am I paranoid ?

The truth has been out there for more than a few years , and those hiding it , or un-willing to publicly admit it are equally guilty because of their silence. The "Better not get involved " , sitting on the fence attitude is gutless !

Worse than that , is the fact ( YES FACT ) that some of these fence sitters have attempted to sell or offload some of their lures to the un-suspecting or ill-informed collectors out there. All the while , knowing that these #1 of only 4 made , # 2 of 6 made , the 1st ever made , found under the bed after 25 years , found under the bench etc etc ....... are not genuine.

When the word of this started filtering out , those collectors dumped & hung out to dry , the poor naïve bugger that they convinced to make these lures for them. Nice work fella's , your sacrificial lamb deserves better than that. Hope you lose some sleep now , just wondering what I might reveal in the coming months about all of this.

RDR
Rellik-Doc-Rob...

Return to “LURE AND MORE - GENERAL CHAT”