DKW

DKW Lures
Baz

Re: DKW

Post by Baz » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:28 pm

I have seen them before but didn't know who made them.I had one but it was a different model, but I lost it to a snag.My mate still has one, I'll get it off him and take a couple of pics.

Cheers, Baz.

OLDMAN
Master
Master

Post by OLDMAN » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:20 pm

Dave
there were 3 different lures (I think)
Mean Mutha
Thunderhead
Tiddler (will post a pic tonight)
Laurie.

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:29 pm

Hi Dave,
I have this DKW Tiddler, but apart from the card saying made in ACT, thats all I have for info susssmilie
DKW Tiddler.jpg
Brad
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

OLDMAN
Master
Master

Post by OLDMAN » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:55 pm

Dave
the Mean mutha and Thunderhead are the same shape,
the mean mutha is larger.
110mm and 80mm (includes bib)
Laurie.

OLDMAN
Master
Master

Post by OLDMAN » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:21 pm

Brad
is your lure timber?

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:40 pm

Laurie,
The card says 'High Precision Moulded Lures', I can only see the faintest sign of a mould join under my jewelers loupe and the finish is extremely smooth, so assume it is moulded. One note, the lure has ultra small jiggle eyes glued on, unusual for a lure that is only 45mm long from tail ro nose eyes.

Brad
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

Baz

Post by Baz » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:32 pm

The model I had and my mate still has doesn't look like the lure in Dave's pic, it doesn't have the bulbous head and has a straighter belly.I only recognised the maker due to the pad printed eye's, gills etc being exactly the same.The bib on Daves also looks thicker than what was on mine.My lure was about 90-100mm long without the bib and was a good shallow water Cod lure.

hazmail
Expert
Expert

Post by hazmail » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:11 pm

DKW lures were made by a guy who lived 'somewhere' around the corner from me, but I never met him and no one knew exactly where he lived - I was selling a few lures back then (mid/late 80's/early 90's I think) and as far as I know he never met me either - You think its' hard to get building information now, things were even more secretive in those days pokeystix .

I think I still have a few of his lures which my brother in law gave me ( he bought a box full off him (DKW) about 5 years ago) . I have a feeling the originals were wood then he went to what I think was probably moulded resin and also some form of 'softish' cast rubber - I'll see if I can dig some up and post some pics. I also know a guy who owned a local tackle shop and probably sold them so I will quiz him about any history on 'DKW'. Pete

ABM
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by ABM » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:51 pm

G'day all, just joined and thought i'd add some pic's to your site of a few "AGGRESSOR" DKW lures i have sitting in a box here.
they are a bit dusty!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

simon bruce
Master
Master

Post by simon bruce » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:02 pm

@ABM

welcome to lureandmore.

You aren't related to Brolly are you?

Just that he has a thing baout putting red and black lures in the most prominent position on his photos.

I guess you will be making the acquaintance of Stephen Booth fairly shortly which isn't a bad thing unless you like your red and balack lures.

Interesting how many DKW lures there are without much really known about them.

Return to “DKW Lures”