effective freshwater fishing lure

isabelle
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

effective freshwater fishing lure

Post by isabelle » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:40 pm

What is the most effective freshwater fishing lure? I'm doing a research paper for college and need ideas for what is the most effective all around fishing lure. If you could only have one lure what would it be and why?

diemai
Master
Master

Re: effective freshwater fishing lure

Post by diemai » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:03 am

isabelle wrote:What is the most effective freshwater fishing lure? I'm doing a research paper for college and need ideas for what is the most effective all around fishing lure. If you could only have one lure what would it be and why?
Welcome to LureAndMore , ....hope you're gonna get some answers to your questions !

But my own opinion is that such lure has never been invented lol !

It depends on the type of water you fish , which species are present and in which sizes , ....also on which end of the globe you are located , I reckon(I'm in Germany) .

There has been a similar thread on a local site , .......counting for my own neck of the woods I'd say , my # 1 lure would be an "Effzett" spoon in 22gr or even 30gr (medium sizes) , ...color silver with golden reverse side .

http://www.dam.de/?q=en/effzett-spoon

This lure has been sold by the millions through generations of anglers , ......it can catch any local predatory species , most likely pike , though , ..but the smaller and medium sizes get also bitten by trout , asp , perch and even zander on occasion .

The spoon can be fished in stillwater , but also moderate river currents , ......suitable between 1,5m and 15m of depth in stillwater(the smaller the size , the shallower it can be fished without bottom snagging) , even may be jigged along the bottom , ......casts very well , too .

..............but I'm 100% sure , that the good , old "EffZett" spoon can attract a variety of different predatory species all around the globe as well !

Otherwise I might probably chose a natural colored plastic shad 7cms to 10 cms in length , rigged onto an Erie jig of 10 to 15 grams of weight and approbiate hook size , .........but I'm not really a "plastic guy" , but these lures just come close to natural prey and can also be worked in different depths , though mainly designed for bottom jigging with the Erie jig , ......most likely catching zander this way .

On a straight retrieve somewhere up in the water column they also catch species like pike and perch(redfin) , ...but are not the most durable lures .

cheers , diemai howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

Dishley
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by Dishley » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:23 pm

Yep definitely depends on the species you are targeting.

But Spinnerbaits and inline spinners are great all round fish catchers. As are Blades. Oh and Cicada imitations........ Any of those will catch pretty much anything.

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:53 pm

Isabelle, it sounds like a great paper you are writing. What are you studying ???

Interesting, if you can only have one, I reckon for it`s versatility the spinner bait is a great option. If I couldn`t have that then one of these would suit me.
Tomahawk 75 001.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards.....Vince.

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:37 pm

personally i think a celta type lure in all sizes is a all round fish taker ,,the spinners big or small take just about anything you can throw to them fresh water and salt ,,good luck with the paper thumbsupsmilie

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:59 pm

Caught a couple of yellow belly on a big Hendryx .
Pretty snaggy things they are

Is that a Dr Evil you put up there Vince ???

I don't think you can write a Ph D based on that name lol lol

Albert

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:06 am

................but where is she now ?

cheers , diemai howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:35 am

ocd1688 wrote:Is that a Dr Evil you put up there Vince
No Dr. Evil it`s not nope

Tomahawk 75
Regards.....Vince.

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:39 pm

Another case of mistaken identity zippedsmilie crazysmilie crazysmilie

Albert

Damo
In The Tade
In The Tade
Mood:

Post by Damo » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:32 pm

Some Dr Evils Albert. thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie .
Cheers,
Damo.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ALICIA'S LURES.

Return to “SOUTH AUSTRALIAN FISHING LURES”