Tarpon Teaser

Esoteric Lures
Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Tarpon Teaser

Post by Lure-Nut » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:38 pm

Spoke to Lofty a couple of weeks ago about the V1 Tarpon Teasers and within weeks Lofty had released the V2 which I'm very impressed with - these are heavier than the previous models and sink well, they cast awesomely and stay just under the surface at a medium fast retrieve, occasionally breaking the surface which is exactly what I want. With a bit of rod tip work the action is excellent, reminiscent of an underwater walk the dog action. The lures are 65mm long and weight a nice 8g for casting and have beefed up trebles thumbsupsmilie

Unfortunately with all of the fresh in the system at the moment the first Tarpon schools have headed east but it won't be long before they are back in the canals and I'm predicting a great season this year with the V2's howdy

Small Trevors will always climb over them and a tiny bream just happened to get in the way in the first couple of test casts .... next Tarpon and Giant Herring yay
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers Rob

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Re: Tarpon Teaser

Post by Mully » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:32 pm

very nice lure nice paint job also id say a pilly swimming in fear of its life

Rupe
Master
Master

Post by Rupe » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:21 pm

agreed a nice little lure!
Rupe.

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught...

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:11 am

Yeh guys, Lofty has used a much heavier and denser wood this time to increase the weight, changed the lure profile and position of the front eye and put heavier hardware on these to get them to sink - all helps to keep it just skimming under the surface on a medium speed retrieve thumbsupsmilie
Cheers Rob

Return to “Esoteric Lures”