STUCKEY LURES.

Stuckey Lures
simon bruce
Master
Master

Re: STUCKEY LURES.

Post by simon bruce » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:45 pm

@angry

very nice lure, thanks for the picture. Some great details on it.

Capt.Seaweed
Guru
Guru

Post by Capt.Seaweed » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:52 pm

Great looking yabbie Angry. Noticed quite a few Stuckeys just of late for sale, are these timber?
Regards, Tony (Wulagi, NT).
"Always merry and bright"

Angry
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by Angry » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:25 pm

A few are coming on the market dont know ehre from but I've seen a couple & they were in average condition, -duh

I think a few people have some form years ago & with the boom in timber Lures especially since Peter Newells death have decided to cash in any timer lures, funnily enoung itsd thier fish catching ability that is unbelievable, I have a mate on the Gold Coast who still fishes exclusivley witht hem & the Red Tiger is his fav lure hes lost a few to BIG Flatties & Jacks, March 09 I was withhim @ Jumpinpin & he got a 94cm Flattie on a small one! -duh

All Stucks were made from Willow, since Mid 08 hes been making them out of White Beech.

Only thing Stuck has made not form Willow/Beech is a couple of Jelatong (trying it out) & some of the Yabbies are Plastic some are Willow.

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:11 pm

When I go trolling for natives there are only 3 lures in the box .... Deception Shrimp, Stuckey Mediums and Whitmore Crays - the Stucks seriously deserve to be in this esteemed company, they are that good thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie bowsmilie
Cheers Rob

two-bob

Post by two-bob » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:23 am

Lure-Nut wrote:When I go trolling for natives there are only 3 lures in the box .... Deception Shrimp, Stuckey Mediums and Whitmore Crays -
And Rob, one day I hope to change that back to 2 types you have left to take thumbsupsmilie

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:02 am

two-bob wrote:
Lure-Nut wrote:When I go trolling for natives there are only 3 lures in the box .... Deception Shrimp, Stuckey Mediums and Whitmore Crays -
And Rob, one day I hope to change that back to 2 types you have left to take thumbsupsmilie

Let me guess .... the Whitmores ???

Seriously, they are too good to collect lol lol
Cheers Rob

Angry
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by Angry » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:01 pm

I'm with you Robb, I have Stucks which I fish with all the time if its a have to cacth a fish time in my boat its either a Medium Stucks or an AC .

The Stucks take some beating the Red Tiger in dynamite oin Jacks up @ Runaway Bay, pity we dont have them down here, closest we get are Trout Cod but its real had trolling in the Bidgee around here, Cant wait to get back to Surfers & some chase some Jacks again.

I've got a mate with a Stucks in his takle box & its nearly not got any poaint left on it, he just keeps giving it a klick with clear nail polish to keep it sealed , mate it catches some fish.

I dont fish a few of my rarer stucks anymore, but still use the usual mediums & smalls.

Angry

two-bob

Post by two-bob » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:33 pm

Lure-Nut wrote:
two-bob wrote:

Let me guess .... the Whitmores ???

Seriously, they are too good to collect lol lol
Your problem is that you troll. May as well go baitfishing for all the exitment that bring you blahblah . Get out there and throw some lures and leave the deep diving Whitmores to me.

Actually I might have a couple of doubles soon we can talk about doing swaps for same as the deceptions ??? I am hoping too that there is a shallow bibbed cray in the bulk lures I picked up.

Sorry for the -offtopic blah , will let you get back to Stucky's now

camelbourne
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by camelbourne » Tue May 04, 2010 10:53 am

Hi Guys,

I have one of the wooden stuckey yabbies in my collection even the plastic pincers are in top shape.......I'll try and upload a pic for you all. It's never been for a swim. Great lures and from my days behind the counter of Compleat Angler Villawood I remember they definitely had a cult following even then.

Cheers
Chris

camelbourne
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by camelbourne » Wed May 05, 2010 8:49 am

OK let's hope this works. These are pics of the Stuckey Wooden Yabby I picked up when I worked at Compleat Angler Villawood. A lot of now collectable lures were stocked there through the 90s.........I was lucky to fish with most of them, this one never went for a swim that I can remember. It's slightly different to the other one pictured as it does not have the feelers out the front.
stuckey yabby side.jpg
stuckey yabby top.jpg
stuckey yabby bottom.jpg
Cheers
Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Stuckey Lures”