STUCKEY LURES.

Stuckey Lures
tciddaerul
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

STUCKEY LURES.

Post by tciddaerul » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:47 pm

The 3 size Stuckey lures that were all hand made out of willow.. Large Medium Small.
Stuckey1.JPG
Stuckey4.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

viking
In The Tade
In The Tade

Re: STUCKEY LURES.

Post by viking » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:00 pm

Nice samples, have you seen the yabby model? not sure if it is still being made. Meticulously built and tuned lures.
You mentioned the ones you have are made from willow. Do you know what they are generally made of. I'm guessing!
Stuckey's lures have a strong following around my neck of the woods on the trout and natives.
..............Alex

tciddaerul
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by tciddaerul » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:46 pm

Alex,
As far as I am aware all Stuckey lures are made from willow. I have only herd about the yabby lure that he use to make ,and I am yet to lay eyes on one, to my knowledge they are no longer being made. I did hear a rumour the other day that soon Stuckeys will be made from balsa. They have a cult like following around my local area due to their fish catching abilities. Because they are handcrafted every lure is individual.
Regards,
Matt.

viking
In The Tade
In The Tade

Post by viking » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:53 pm

Yeah Matt, the work that goes into those bibs is phenominal! I know a fella that has one of the yabbies droolsmilie ! won't part with it but I will see if I can't get a picture of it. Someone will probably beet me to it and post one soon anyway.
............Alex

yekcuts
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by yekcuts » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:31 pm

So Matt, what are the chances of me getting one of those big stuckeys from your source? hhyp hhyp hhyp hhyp
That is the first and only one I have ever seen and it definately lives up to my expectations! If only I had one...... bowsmilie bowsmilie bowsmilie
As for the yabbie, I am currently working on a friend of a friend of a friend who may know someone who might be willing to part with one!!! Will keep you posted.
Thanks for giving me hope tciddaerul thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie
Cheers
Brett. ( will post my collection when I get home)

Bigriver
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by Bigriver » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:05 pm

The first one of these I ever seen was wrapped around the prop of my bowmount many years ago at Burrinjuck Dam. I must run over the line somehow and it got caught on my motor. Several years later I found out it had a name. Cheers Paul.

yekcuts
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by yekcuts » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:49 pm

Here is my full set of the mid size stuckeys with a couple of 'specials' thrown in.
Cheers
Brett
bidgee and stuckeys 004.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Falky
Master
Master

Post by Falky » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:13 pm

[quote="viking"]Nice samples, have you seen the yabby model? not sure if it is still being made. Meticulously built and tuned lures.
You mentioned the ones you have are made from willow. Do you know what they are generally made of.

the yabby lure is the only one in the lot that is made from plastic apparently

Adam

Angry
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by Angry » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:53 am

Stuckey no longer makes Yabbies, originally he made then out of timber then they were made of plastic. Thye are no longer available.

The Timber Stuckeys were made from will until 2009 when the removal of Willow by DPI made it very hard to get supplies. Since that time Stucks have been made of White Beech, a very reare few were made from a timber called Jelatong, however this was deemed no suitable as it was too soft.

They are brilliant lures, we use the small ones on Trout in the trout colors & Pink & red tiger (no22) , also use the Red Tiger & pink in Medium on the gold coast for Flatties, Estuary Cod & Jacks, mymates wife wont use anything but a small pink on the gold caost & she does really well.

In fresh @ Blowering & Burrinjuck we use the Yellow with green spots & cod pattern, carp & burrinjuck special great on yellas, the purple is dynamite on Reddies.

Angry

Angry
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by Angry » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:39 pm

Matt,

I think you were after a pic of a Stucks Yabbie ???

Hers one, neat how the fromt trebles are covered with tubing to resemble claws hey ??? thumbsupsmilie

Return to “Stuckey Lures”