J p Extra Deep Driver

JP Lures
two-bob

Re: J p Extra Deep Driver

Post by two-bob » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:20 pm

I now have a early 90's Timber version from Paul Knellers collection.

Paul stated "What can I say about this lure, no description neccesary! This is a very early novelty lure made by the Late (great) Joe Priest lure, of JP lures. This one was handcarved from wood, has never been swam and has a personal message to me on it. Has Joe's name and phone number on it, a true one off, sadly never to be repeated. cheers Paul Kneller."

It is smaller than the plastic ones but very nice, Paul recons JP said it was modeled for Paul (what goes on behind a lure carvers door should stay there lol ) I will be making a card up with Pauls description to go with this as well.
JP Kneller Sucker lure 1.JPG
JP Kneller Sucker lure 2.JPG
JP Kneller Sucker lure 3.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jigmaster
Guru
Guru

Post by Jigmaster » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:54 pm

JP had a different sense of humour.

I got a 'woodie' one that he made for Steve Starling - his says 'Rex bite here' at the end. Interesting lures reckon they would be pr&cks to retrieve!!!

lol lol lol lol

Love my own jokes!!! yay yay

two-bob

Post by two-bob » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:34 am

G'day Frank, funny you should mention Starlo, in the last 30mins I have just got your Lures encylopedia and Starlo's Hooked on fishing. Your all tied up some how thumbsupsmilie .

Anyidea how many timbers were made? And were they ever sold or just given to people by Joe? I think you should send yours over here for a get together, but not in a gay way of course lol

Jigmaster
Guru
Guru

Post by Jigmaster » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:48 pm

Mate

Not sure about your suggestion often feel like the extra one at a wedding as it is.

Almost certain that Joe only made a few wooden lures as joke gifts. Be interesting to ash Bushie is he got one, but would assume a very small number.

I think the packaged one arose from people wanting one to give away to fishing mates - but was hard oops difficult to display in shops.

Return to “JP Lures”