Fixed Claw Cray

Keith Baker, Mambri Lures
vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fixed Claw Cray

Post by vince. » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:37 pm

These come in few shapes even in the later ones Keith has some variations. I`ll put the pics of the original shape in the next post
IMG_0008.JPG
IMG_0009.JPG
IMG_0010.JPG
IMG_0011.JPG

Cedar

IMG_0012.JPG
IMG_0013.JPG

Radiata

IMG_0014.JPG
IMG_0015.JPG

White Beech

IMG_0016.JPG
IMG_0017.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards.....Vince.

jimmymate
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Fixed Claw Cray

Post by jimmymate » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:46 pm

Especially love that large painted cray in the 3rd and 4th pic. thumbsupsmilie

Jimmy

Rellik-doc-rob
Guru
Guru

Post by Rellik-doc-rob » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:46 pm

Vince ,

I know I have seen it hundreds of times , and it live with me for years ( on two different occasions , in different era,s ) ... but Please , Please .... post a photo of the "Proud Cray !! "
It was in with the first Kieth Baker lures I ever got ( Direct from the man ... ERA approximately 1989 ) .... I will never forget , or appreciate the craftsmanship of any other lure , as long as I live. Cost me 2 arms and legs , a heap of begging , and the only lure ever signed by Peter Newell , John Bennett & Myself...... "The Rob Thumb Lure "" as a swap to get it back after an absence from my possession of nearly 14 years.

Gotta love the "Proud Cray "..... RDR
Rellik-Doc-Rob...

The Harder I work, the luckier I get...

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:12 pm

Rellik-doc-rob wrote:Vince ,

I know I have seen it hundreds of times , and it live with me for years ( on two different occasions , in different era,s ) ... but Please , Please .... post a photo of the "Proud Cray !! "
It was in with the first Kieth Baker lures I ever got ( Direct from the man ... ERA approximately 1989 ) .... I will never forget , or appreciate the craftsmanship of any other lure , as long as I live. Cost me 2 arms and legs , a heap of begging , and the only lure ever signed by Peter Newell , John Bennett & Myself...... "The Rob Thumb Lure "" as a swap to get it back after an absence from my possession of nearly 14 years.

Gotta love the "Proud Cray "..... RDR
Rob will do tomorrow. I have Sake complications at the moment which make it difficult to operate a camera. crazysmilie crazysmilie . I`ve seen the Rob Thumb Lure & the Proud Cray. If you are a collector of the likes of Newell, Bennett & that other idiot, you may consider the Thumb Lure a priceless item. Give me the Proud Cray anytime. I have a Camphor Polty in a block that is Rob Gaden & the Proud Cray that is Keith Baker.
Regards.....Vince.

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:17 pm

jimmymate wrote:Especially love that large painted cray in the 3rd and 4th pic. thumbsupsmilie

Jimmy
Jimmy, for a Victorian, you have remarkably good taste clapclap
Regards.....Vince.

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:26 am

Rellik-doc-rob wrote:I know I have seen it hundreds of times , and it live with me for years ( on two different occasions , in different era,s ) ... but Please , Please .... post a photo of the "Proud Cray !! "
This lure to me is Keith Baker. If anyone can`t see the brilliance in his carving, then have a look at this lure. It`s an early lure, made to be fished not a show piece(as it is now). Keith always boosts that none of his lures are the same & this one has more character & pride than most.

Rob, I know how much this lure means to you, so if your lip trembles a bit when you see it, let me know & the Proud Cray can go back to his owner again for a third stay.
IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG
IMG_0008.JPG
IMG_0009.JPG
IMG_0010.JPG
This is his current home, he sits with the first articulated claw cray ever made. they are good company for each other. The LED lights in the cabinet show off his true colour as well.
IMG_0011.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards.....Vince.

saito
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by saito » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:49 pm

droolsmilie
Amazing...

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:54 pm

vince. wrote:
Rellik-doc-rob wrote:I know I have seen it hundreds of times , and it live with me for years ( on two different occasions , in different era,s ) ... but Please , Please .... post a photo of the "Proud Cray !! "
This lure to me is Keith Baker. If anyone can`t see the brilliance in his carving, then have a look at this lure. It`s an early lure, made to be fished not a show piece(as it is now). Keith always boosts that none of his lures are the same & this one has more character & pride than most.

Rob, I know how much this lure means to you, so if your lip trembles a bit when you see it, let me know & the Proud Cray can go back to his owner again for a third stay.
IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG
IMG_0008.JPG
IMG_0009.JPG
IMG_0010.JPG
This is his current home, he sits with the first articulated claw cray ever made. they are good company for each other. The LED lights in the cabinet show off his true colour as well.
IMG_0011.JPG

No No No Vince crazysmilie

Send it here you idiot!!!!

Albert

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:47 pm

saito wrote:droolsmilie
Amazing...
You are right James, it`s one of those lures. Even in a cabinet full of great carving, this one always catches your eye.
Regards.....Vince.

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:51 pm

ocd1688 wrote:No No No Vince Send it here you idiot!!!!
Albert, it came from one idiot, to another idiot & you expect me to send it onto yet another idiot -duh
Regards.....Vince.

Return to “Keith Baker, Mambri Lures”