Minnows

Keith Baker, Mambri Lures
vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Minnows

Post by vince. » Mon May 11, 2015 10:56 am

For some reason these things are thought to be very rare. Maybe due to little knowledge, I think there are some people who think Keith really only made critter type lures. The mistaken idea that his minnows are very rare has been promoted a lot of late.

Again, either driven by ignorance or greed, I seem to be hearing this myth more & more lately. Not so, Keith`s critters maybe more easily recognized, but he made far more minnows than critters.

These are some of the dozens of different shapes he has made.
Keith`s minnows 001.JPG
Keith`s minnows 002.JPG
Keith`s minnows 003.JPG
Keith`s minnows 004.JPG
Keith`s minnows 005.JPG
This little Nillsie copy is one of the first batch of lures he ever made for sale. A small batch went to Mo Tackle in Coffs in the late 80`s. They are also the only ones he ever painted with spray cans.
Keith`s minnows 006.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards.....Vince.

Fizza.
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Minnows

Post by Fizza. » Mon May 11, 2015 11:40 am

Great bunch of lures Vinnie & great info old mate clapclap clapclap clapclap

It's amazing how much TRUE information one can acquire when you actually know the makers of various lures and get it first hand instead of the usual Chinese whispers that seems to be so widespread amongst the collecting fraternity. It gobsmacks me how a particular collector can be put on a pedestal because he/she likes and collects a particular brand of lure, how the peers turn that collector into an expert when they actually know very little about the maker or history of the lures in question. It's a phenomenon we see time and time again hence misleading all who read or speak with such people.
zippedsmilie smckin zippedsmilie smckin zippedsmilie

Baz
Guru
Guru
Mood:

Post by Baz » Mon May 11, 2015 12:25 pm

What a great assortment of minnows. Excellent collection Vince clapclap droolsmilie thumbsupsmilie
Wishin I was Fishin..!!

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Mon May 11, 2015 12:54 pm

Fizza. wrote:It gobsmacks me how a particular collector can be put on a pedestal because he/she likes and collects a particular brand of lure, how the peers turn that collector into an expert when they actually know very little about the maker or history of the lures in question. It's a phenomenon we see time and time again hence misleading all who read or speak with such people.
Couldn`t agree more. Getting the info from the maker may not always be spot on either, but it`s a long way ahead of getting it from rumours. thumbsupsmilie

I got tired of pulling lures out of the cabinets to photograph them so here`s a few more still in their cabinets. There`s another little Nilsie copy in the 3rd Pic. I love these little fellas & if any of them are rare, it would have to be those.
Keith`s minnows 007.JPG
Keith`s minnows 008.JPG
Keith`s minnows 009.JPG
Keith`s minnows 010.JPG
Keith`s minnows 011.JPG
Keith`s minnows 012.JPG
Keith`s minnows 013.JPG
Keith`s minnows 014.JPG
There are lot more unpainted ones, but I don`t think they need to be shown as they are not that old.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards.....Vince.

Fizza.
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Fizza. » Mon May 11, 2015 2:13 pm

So you've got the odd one or two Vince thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie lol lol lol

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Mon May 11, 2015 3:03 pm

Fizza. wrote:So you've got the odd one or two Vince thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie lol lol lol
I do a have a little bit of an interest in them lol

The collection I have is due to the help of a few good mates(Rob, Baz, & some not on this site). I also live a stones throw from Ula & Albert, Rob & myself have almost become family members of Keith & Ev. Gus has even started growing orchids -duh & when he retires, is planning to get some carving lessons from the old master as he calls him.
Regards.....Vince.

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Wed May 13, 2015 11:09 pm

Mate!

I have to learn "the way of the orchid" first.
It is a pre-requisite to be admitted to the Baker Order.

I mean even the pot holders for the pots of orchid are so unique that I will have trouble copying them.

Sorry off topic smckin

Back to the minnows.

I have no doubt that the doubters would cast doubts that these are Bakers. Too many doubts lol lol lol .
You reckon around10 minnows to 1 cray ???

I think you are wasting time trying to enlighten these people. Why bother -duh
They will do and say what they like.
Just tell them to "------", something to do with brown dogs thumbsupsmilie

Albert

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Thu May 14, 2015 3:47 pm

ocd1688 wrote:I have to learn "the way of the orchid" first.
It is a pre-requisite to be admitted to the Baker Order.
lol As a supplier of raw materials for successful orchids, I was given a limited honorary membership until I learn more. lol
Thing is & I`m sure you will agree, when you talk to Keith, there is little talk about lures.
ocd1688 wrote:You reckon around10 minnows to 1 cray
I`ve never asked. In this area, very few crays, nearly all minnows. From what Keith has told me, mostly critters were made for the Complete Angler in Sydney.

Knowing how much more he likes doing minnows, if I had a guess & it is a complete guess, total ever made, I say 2 to 1. ??? Although in my collection, the critters far outweigh the minnows, cause I love them critters. thumbsupsmilie
Regards.....Vince.

Return to “Keith Baker, Mambri Lures”