An oldie

Keith Baker, Mambri Lures
vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

An oldie

Post by vince. » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:05 pm

This lure came to me as a gift from a mate, who received it as a gift from another mate. bowsmilie

It`s a long story, but mate number one, obtained the lure not knowing who the maker was. When mate number two spotted it on a recent fishing trip, he immediately recognised it as one of Keith`s.

To cut a long story short, both these mates being very generous men clapclap clapclap , meant that I finished up with the lure. Many thanks to all concerned. thumbsupsmilie

It`s a very old one. Keith thinks it`s more than likely one he made while he was in the Armidale area in the late 80`s. The eyes & the paint job certainly match that era. I have a few of Keith`s minnow styles, but nothing quite like this oldie. It`s a classic early Keith Baker lure & to those concerned, I cannot thank you enough. bowsmilie

keith`s oldie 003.JPG
keith`s oldie 001.JPG
keith`s oldie 002.JPG

The old fella with his baby
005.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards.....Vince.

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Re: An oldie

Post by Lure-Nut » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:27 pm

Stunning lure Vince - once upon a time I had quite a few of Keith's lures but they have now moved into much more deserving collections .... the Deceptions I traded them for, were however also very special and much appreciated lol thumbsupsmilie
Last edited by Lure-Nut on Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cheers Rob

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:38 pm

Rob, the post master couldn`t understand why anyone would put so much insurance on a few lures lol
Regards.....Vince.

Baz
Guru
Guru
Mood:

Post by Baz » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:20 pm

Nice old lure you have there Vince and a great pic of Keith and his oldie. Did he have a name for it or is it just called a minnow.

1 last question, is the bib and body just the one piece of timber?
Wishin I was Fishin..!!

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:51 pm

Baz, I think it was just another minnow. I would have called it the spoonbill lol

You & I were not the only ones thinking it might have been all timber, but unfortunately, it`s a poly bib very well finished with araldite.
Regards.....Vince.

Rellik-doc-rob
Guru
Guru

Post by Rellik-doc-rob » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:28 am

G'day Vince ,

The old fella is looking more like "Kelly" every day. Just as many wrinkles.....as they say " you look like your pets ".

Sorry Keith..... a bit of fun at your expense mate.. lol lol lol

RDR
Rellik-Doc-Rob...

The Harder I work, the luckier I get...

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:51 am

Rob, Kelly is still having trouble getting the tails right on the Kra`s. lol lol
The old fella is still doing OK though. He has a very nice batch all but finished. yay The pace has slowed considerably as you would expect. The old fella reckons the ones he has done over the last few weeks would have only taken him a few days to do when he was at his best.
Of course, the Bendigo peebah is not happy about all of this lol lol
Regards.....Vince.

Baz
Guru
Guru
Mood:

Post by Baz » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:43 pm

I would've near put the house on that it was all timber. Is there anything this man cant do ???
Wishin I was Fishin..!!

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:10 pm

Indeed Baz!!

Have a look at those big hands and you wonder how those little crays of his are so perfect -duh

Albert

Baz
Guru
Guru
Mood:

Post by Baz » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:15 pm

I never really noticed the size of Keiths hands before Albert, but they do look large. The tiny crays would seem even tinier in those mits.
Wishin I was Fishin..!!

Return to “Keith Baker, Mambri Lures”