Fishing Tassie

MXB
Master
Master

Fishing Tassie

Post by MXB » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:32 am

Hi all . . .

Here's a few spots from a recent trip to Tasmania driving the west coast . . . some of the most beautiful places to fish for trout. Had so many photos so here's a few;
php9D9hy7AM.jpg
php8wwf2lAM.jpg
phpkxcNhQAM.jpg
phpHqlBsrAM.jpg
phpm4dAOTAM.jpg
phpqxDy1GAM.jpg
Heaven

MXB

howdy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN JUST PULL OUT YOUR FAVOURITE LURE AND DREAM OF BETTER TIMES

Stephen Booth
Expert
Expert

Re: Fishing Tassie

Post by Stephen Booth » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:51 am

Beautiful, simply beautiful - the loop that is. The scenery is not bad either. Gotta love Tassie.

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:15 am

those pictures are awesome thank for the look and next time pack me in ya suitcase love fishing light spin for trout and that does look like fishy heaven clapclap

Tyenna Dave
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tyenna Dave » Sat May 29, 2010 11:22 pm

Hey MXB !
Was great to meet you a few months back .
Pitty we had little time to get you into the wilderness but hopefully we see you back here soon .Looks as if you found some nice water on your journeys .
Very sexy loop too by the way and nice pics aswell !
I'll throw a few more pics in to keep you fired up until next time you wave the wand in Tassy .
If the water is low the Florentine is a great untouched water .You would love this spot !
And your favourite the Styx is super picturesque ,especially up top .North side .
South Styx .On World Heritage Area edge .
My second last fish on closing day this season .Around 9-10lb Atlantic from the Tyenna .Tassal escapee and in full colours .
Hope to see you again MXB as you were great to fish along side of !
Dave ...

WRAPPER
Rookie
Rookie

Post by WRAPPER » Sun May 30, 2010 8:55 am

Hi all
l got a brother over in Tassie who wants me to come over fishing there , he tells me how good the sea fishing is there , after seeing the great photo's that has been put up here l might have to plain a longer stay and bring my trout gear over thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie
cheers wrapper

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Sun May 30, 2010 8:59 am

Awesome scenery and fantastic pics - can't say as I've every down there fishing, but must admit, it's definitely on the list clapclap thumbsupsmilie
Cheers Rob

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Sun May 30, 2010 9:35 am

@Tyenna Dave . . .

Welcome to L&M Dave and thanks for the sensational photos . . . teasing me again. lol droolsmilie

Yes I'm planning to come down again next season and we'll talk about the best time to organise and hope the weather stays fine for the trip. You been getting some sensational fish down there last season and that fish you posted is a top looking fish. Everyone Dave also sent me a photo recently of a 9kg fish (that was right wasn't it?) that was caught late season and he calls it a 'munter' lol

Great photos of you fishing and you were a fantastic guide . . . keen to fish the Styx, the Tyenna and other options around there like the Florentine. We might even hit Lake Binney and troll some lures deep? I recently had my last trout fish for the season fishing the upper reaches of the Gloucester River at Gloucester Tops for some nice smaller fish while dreaming of Tassie!

Good to see you online and talk soon TD

MXB

howdy
IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN JUST PULL OUT YOUR FAVOURITE LURE AND DREAM OF BETTER TIMES

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Sun May 30, 2010 6:58 pm

Awesome place and welcome Dave howdy

Tyenna Dave
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tyenna Dave » Sun May 30, 2010 10:49 pm

Thanx for the warm welcome fella's !
Glad to hear of the plans too MXB ! Plenty of options to keep you busy .Hope you stay in the area a little longer this time and get a good taste of whats around the Maydena area .Hopefully the weather is on your side !
And yes the sea fishing is also good .We are spoilt at times .Have only been out once this year a month or so back and landed a few Blue Fin at 25kg .The flat head and bream ,etc ,etc fishing is also A1 !
I'll throw in a few of my pics and hope MXB doesn't bar me .I do get a little excited at times and never tire of the trout and rivers .
Can talk a leg off a chair on the matter ! And i have way too many pics .
I apologize in advance for teasing you a little more !
Here are a couple of pics from this season .

8.46kg clean that MXB speaks of .Caught by angler just before season closed on the Tyenna .He also weighed in a 5.5kg munter on the same weekend .

Nice Tyenna football 4-5lb on the fly .Was released .

Tyenna buck on plastics .Was released .

First nice fish of the season .Died after a massive fight that lasted a little too long .Tried to re-swim him for 15mins before he expired .
First time i have lost a fish in this way .Also the best fight i have ever experienced even though he is no way the biggest fish caught .

I will stop now before everyone thinks i am in N.Z. or i have a very large fish tank ?
Thanx again for the welcome ,
Dave ...

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Mon May 31, 2010 10:20 am

@Tyenna Dave . . .

The guys love photos of fish on here so will be salivating over those fish Dave. . . some amazing fish there droolsmilie droolsmilie

Mate the trip is being organised as we speak (and will be for at least 10-14days) so will update you be email as it gets closer. Cant wait for winter to be over
(I mean winter in Sydney) lol

Good to see you came back for more and check out Simon Bruce's posting of his fishing trip in Tassie getting into the bluefin and other game.

Cheers

MXB

howdy

Return to “WHERE HAVE YOU FISHED”