luhr jennsens beno

diemai
Master
Master

Re: luhr jennsens beno

Post by diemai » Tue May 11, 2010 3:21 pm

@ MXB

Thanks a lot , my friend bowsmilie , .........could you also tell me when Luhr Jensen took over , so that I can get an idea of the about age ?

greetz , Dieter howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Tue May 11, 2010 3:31 pm

@diemai . . .

I'm not sure that Luhr Jensen took over or absorbed the manufacturers of Beno lures but they would have definitely purchased the rights to manufacture them as they did with many other lures like Dalton Specials and Oreno style lures. I don't know the date but the ones that Laz shows have the digital printing on the bellies and I've only ever seen that on Luhr Jensen lures between 1984 -1992 after which the company no longer existed by the early to mid 1990's from my understanding.

I really like their lures and have alot in a number of different types of packaging that include lots of surface lures and prop-baits. Used to use their Nip-I-Didee in the smallest size for bass.

MXB

howdy
IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN JUST PULL OUT YOUR FAVOURITE LURE AND DREAM OF BETTER TIMES

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Tue May 11, 2010 3:58 pm

@ MXB

Thanks a lot for further info , Roger , .......I was only wondering about that digits 1.21 on the blister , ........must have been long time ago , that lures where that cheap(I really assume it to be US Dollars ,...... DeutschMark pricing always ended with a 5 or 9 as the last digit of the sum , at least for such items) .

greetz , Dieter howdy

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Tue May 11, 2010 11:32 pm

As part of my research on Luhr Jensen lures, I have this info to share on Beno's
I have seen these refered to as Beno's Lures Beno, Mill Run Beno, Anglers Pride Beno and of course Luhr Jensen Beno.

As far as lineage goes...
seems like they started as Beno's lures, who either sold or morphed into Mill Run Lures, I tend to go with the former as Mill Run Tackle Co has a long history in Ohio lure making.
Mill Run sold out to the Highland Group, who marketed them as part of their Anglers Pride range.
Luhr Jensen bought the rights to the Beno range (cir 1980) and incorporated them into their range till recently when Pure Fishing aquired the company.
Beno packets.JPG
Cheers Brad
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Tue May 11, 2010 11:45 pm

here are two of mine the originals simply beno on underside
i have a few other fly fishing size benos also and some doubles but cannot find my piccys
helin flatfish 083 [800x600]BENO RE.jpg
helin flatfish 082 [800x600].JPG

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Wed May 12, 2010 1:34 pm

@ fishaholiclures

Thanks for chiming in and providing further info , mate , .......I am now sure to have found the same colored lure like on the right of your picture ,........the cardless blister , that it was taped to , had the same bulges matching the lure's outline .

I knew right from the start , that it must be a brand lure !

Thanks a lot , folks bowsmilie , .....greetz , diemai howdy

rivermandave

Post by rivermandave » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:54 am

Here's a group of them I sold a few months ago
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Luhr Jensen”