luhr jennsens beno

laz
Guru
Guru

luhr jennsens beno

Post by laz » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:31 pm

Thought i would put up a couple of beno's sort of remind me of Knowls Leaping Lizards
Luhr Jensen 1.jpg
Luhr Jensen 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

diemai
Master
Master

Re: luhr jennsens beno

Post by diemai » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:21 am

@ laz

Nice ones , I love such "Banana" baits , made quite a few at home and also catch with them ! clapclap

Somewhere in a print media I have come across one "Beno Eel" before , it was having the same front section like this one jointed of yours , but three or even four tiny sections tracking .

greetz , diemai howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:33 am

I have some eels
beno.jpg

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:54 am

@ Mully

Exactly this one ! yay yay yay

greetz , Dieter howdy

Fizza

Post by Fizza » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:50 pm

Here's a couple of carded Benos by Anglers Pride

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:07 pm

@ Fizza

Never came across this brand "Angler's Pride" ! Are these Australian made ? And are they licensed versions of the original "Luhr Jensen" ?

Just thinking . since they are bearing the same model name....... or is it , that the term "Beno" had already stuck for a lure shaped like this ?

greetz , diemai howdy

Fizza

Post by Fizza » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:21 pm

Dieter, They are made in the USA. Anglers Pride is a "Highland Group Company" from Garfield Heights Ohio.

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:36 pm

@ Fizza

Thanks for info , ..........I even assumed them to be American made or at least for the market over there , since the imprint on the card is in French as well(guess this is for the Canadians from Quebec province) .

greetz , Dieter howdy

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Mon May 10, 2010 2:37 am

Hi , folks ,

....got this one on a fleamarket totay , it was still in it's blister pack , but the card was missing , ....it was only stuck to the remaning blister with some painters masking tape !

The lure was halfway covered with some greyish sediment , ...at first I thought , that the paint was gone , but I could scrape off the sediment with my fingernail !

I assume that it was the glue from the tape , ......cleaned most of it off with dishwashing detergent and a sponge .

If I hazard a guess , it came from America some decades ago(when lures only cost little money just by the sum) , as on the blister was hand written 1.21 , .....can't be a German price , much too low for that !

Anyway , I paid 1 Euro(1.44 AUSD) for it , good bargain , I guess , .........now I wonder , whether it is a "Beno" by Luhr Jensen or not , ....as it lacks any markings , but has the same molded eyes and gill plates as the multiple sectioned ones above , also the eye and hook fittings appear to be of good quality , unlike a cheapie from the Far East !
JOIBAN_01.JPG
greetz , diemai thumbsupsmilie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Tue May 11, 2010 12:50 pm

@diemai . . .

Its an orginal Beno lure - the jointed version which dates before the Luhr Jensen ones.

MXB

howdy
IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN JUST PULL OUT YOUR FAVOURITE LURE AND DREAM OF BETTER TIMES

Return to “Luhr Jensen”