Attack Lures
Craig
Master
Master

Re: Attack Lure's

Post by Craig » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:26 pm

A couple more.
lure 017.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tagged and Released

Alurin
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by Alurin » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:43 am

Top looking lures. The one with the white belly and any other lure with a white belly so I'm told by a fellow down in Melbourne are sure fire winners every time. All of his "fishing lures" have a white belly or at least some smattering of white below. Another guy I fish with swears by any hard body plastic lure with a clear or see through belly for bream.

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:18 pm

the white works at night for callop also nice lure got myself interested in acquiring quite a few white lures have been on the lookout for them....Just scored a swagman jumbuck medium size one same pattern as the attack in your piccy
swagman med 1 [1024x768].jpg
swagman med 2 [1024x768].jpg
swagman med 3 [1024x768].jpg
sorry guys off topic -imsorry -offtopic

Craig
Master
Master

Post by Craig » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:28 pm

When did the little Scorpion like lures change from timber to plastic.
Tagged and Released

Fizza

Post by Fizza » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:41 am

They were originally John Bennet Baby Merlins until he sold to Dan McGrath who for a short time sold them as Dan McGrath Baby Merlins and then Dan changed the name to Attack Lures.

They went from timber to plastic whilst JB owned them as far as I know. As for yrs etc I can't remember these days.

I gave my son one in the earlish 90's which is a Dan McGrath Baby Merlin, he still has the lure in it's original packaging.

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:16 am

droolsmilie i like your cow one droolsmilie

Baz

Post by Baz » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:30 pm

Here's a Dan McGrath Attack lure.Guessing it would've been made in the mid 90's.I have a few others but they are old and beaten up.Great lures for Trout, Reddies and Bass.

100_1239-640x480.jpg

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Sat May 23, 2009 11:37 pm

For anyone who likes Attacks, pics of a few original wooden versions with the narrow metal bibs thumbsupsmilie

Cheers

Rob
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers Rob

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Sun May 24, 2009 12:20 am

Dave, thanks for the clarification, appreciated thumbsupsmilie

Cheers

Rob
Cheers Rob

Rellik-doc-rob
Guru
Guru

Post by Rellik-doc-rob » Sun May 24, 2009 5:57 am

Fizza wrote:They were originally John Bennet Baby Merlins until he sold to Dan McGrath who for a short time sold them as Dan McGrath Baby Merlins and then Dan changed the name to Attack Lures.

They went from timber to plastic whilst JB owned them as far as I know. As for yrs etc I can't remember these days.

I gave my son one in the earlish 90's which is a Dan McGrath Baby Merlin, he still has the lure in it's original packaging.
G'day Fizza, your exactly right !!!! It was about 1990 , J.B was making them from timber , and had been doing so for a few years. He made his own Dye-set ( with the help of an old engineer ) and started making them in two (2) piece plastic. They were glued together, not Ultra-sonic-welded. He made them for a while like that , and then sold it to Dam Mcgrath ( John called him "Dooog" ). After a short period of time , Dan started calling them "Attack-Lures".
The timber ones in the photo are definately J.B.'s creations. Bodies were made on the copy-lathe he build for himself. He also built many metal presses to knock out bibs for the Baby merlin, shallow bennett merlin, and deep bennett Merlin. Very clever bloke !!! Great Lures.
Rob
Rellik-Doc-Rob...

The Harder I work, the luckier I get...

Return to “Attack Lures”