Radar Lures

Radar Lures
colsel
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Radar Lures

Post by colsel » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:38 am

Back in November of 2008 I had the pleasure of visiting Ray O'Neill and his wife Rhonda at their home in Inverell. Ray has been dabbling with lure making since around 2001, using a variety of materials to construct them and finishing them off with auto paints and lacquer. He acknowledged influence in his designs to Orgee Lures and the quality of the finish he achieves to advice given to him by Jamie Flett.
Ray said that when he heads down to "the shed" for a session of lure making he's not to sure what the end result will be as he quite often just goes with the flow and sees what's left on the bench at the end. I was particularly interested in some of his creations that had been crafted out of a dense foam that local company uses to make large ,elaborate signs. He said that foam had proved to be very successful and had also resulted in some amazing colours being created due to chemical reactions between the paint and the foam.
Rhonda is responsible for Quality Control and decides which lures are used for their commercial interests. So it is a bit of a team effort.
Below is a selection of lures that I came away with after my visit and I was particularly touched when Ray parted with a few of the very first lures that he made. I assured him that they would be well cared for.

Three of his originals from 2001.
old.JPG
Some of his Commercial lines.
packets.JPG
Mixed bag.
radar.JPG
Lures carved out of foam.
foam.JPG
Some big timber.
large.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Radar Lures”