Tica Quality

Dusky_Chaser
Expert
Expert

Tica Quality

Post by Dusky_Chaser » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:07 pm

I don't own a tica reel and never have, but I have used a few of the higher end models that a mate owned and while they are not the beezneez they did what they had to and were not too shabby at all. thumbsupsmilie

Still can't see myself ever buying one though nope

Fizza

Re: Tica Quality

Post by Fizza » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:36 pm

DC, How many do ya have now mate?

If ya check the handles & a few other bits on ya Daiwas & Shimanos you'll find they are more than likely old style Tica. lol lol lol

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:51 pm

I own a few libras and have owned the caiman as well as the cybernetics, not too bad but i dont rate them highly...

Fizza

Post by Fizza » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:10 pm

I've actually got quite a few tucked away but have only ever spooled one Caiman 100 up.

The only one I've used & it seems to cast well & they are very smooth.

Everyone I know who has the little tacker Cetus 500 swear by them. They are a lovely little reel.

Bill Classon's mag gave them a big wrap when they 1st appeared around 15yrs back. thumbsupsmilie

It was pretty much Tica that started the "bearing wars" to see which maker could fill reels with the most junk. crazysmilie

Mine will be for the little tackers when the time comes.

They'll have to wait til I give the bucket the big boot before they can even look at my Shimanos. lol lol lol

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:49 pm

yeah i have 3 of cetus 500's this little reel is awesome it gets thrashed i bought one for my son also and upgraded the drags on them ,,,these i do recommend thumbsupsmilie

Return to “Tica”