my baby tica cetus 500

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

my baby tica cetus 500

Post by Mully » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:05 am

check out this reel, I own 2 of them, awesome reels loaded up with 4lb climax braid and have caught big bream to mulloway with them...

TICA Cetus SB500 Specifications
Weight 6.3oz
Gear Ratio 5.2:1
Bearings 6BB + 1RB
Line Capacity (lb/yds) 4/95, 6/60, 8/50
Additional Features Aluminum spool, Instant anti-reverse, titanium plated Anti-twist line roller, soft-touch handle knob, extra spool

HOTRODS

Post by HOTRODS » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:24 am

ahh the 'Cleetus" thumbsupsmilie
great little workhorses...sen a few silly things done with thme and they still come back for more !

i run a pair of Daiwa Laguna 1000's that are Almost the same size but alloy frame, very versitile for finesse aplications !

gungadin
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by gungadin » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:03 am

Got the same thing Mully, a nice little unit for "real'' Finesse fishing and they don't cost the earth thumbsupsmilie
"Make em an offer dey can't refuse"

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:18 pm

Yeah exactly, my son is learning with one at present and it has served him very well his next birthday I will upgrade him to a nicer reel but for now he has caught a lot of fish with it......

My 2 also get a good work out mainly on small SP,s and HB's for trout they are awesome thumbsupsmilie

gungadin
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by gungadin » Thu May 01, 2008 9:41 am

Yep, apart from light lure casting on "Normal" rods I match the little Cetus to an "Ugly Stik", Canoe Rod (3ft 6") for use in tight spots. Balances perfectly on that rod where a larger reel wouldn't. You'd be surprised just how easily that little combo casts and the distances obtained with the ultra light HB's (Scat Backs & Mini Humbugs etc.)
"Make em an offer dey can't refuse"

Return to “Tica”