Just one question

Brett Campbell Lures
vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Just one question

Post by vince. » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:39 pm

I`ve spent some time looking through the threads & posts in this section & the quality of work cannot be questioned. clapclap
One question though, did Brett Campbell do the Peter Newell run Tafe style, lure making course in the same year he started making lures. ???
I would have thought so, but was hoping someone who collects his lures or a mate of his could verify this.
Regards.....Vince.

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Just one question

Post by vince. » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:44 pm

I saw the Brett Campbell 25 year anniversary set for the first time yesterday. They are certainly beautiful lures. I had been told about them or rather that they were about, but couldn`t quiet work out the times. Hence, my question yesterday.

In these threads I have seen examples of very early lures(circa 85), clearly made with little experience & also a Snyper, of real quality made in 1985 & I read also that this is what the anniversary sets commemorate. I trust that these dates have come from the maker himself & he also signed the 1985 Sniper No. 1.

With all the other knowledge & dates available, I am surprised no one knows when Brett took the lure making course with Peter Newell. As the quality of the work had vastly improved, it would be fair to assume it was 1985.

Brett`s good friend Frank Prokop must have been unaware that he had been making lures for more than 5 years when he published that the Snyper, Barcoo & Goodooga didn`t hit the market till after testing in Feb 1991. Maybe Brett only made a few in the first 5 years & waited till after the lure testing, for some reason, to release them.
Regards.....Vince.

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:37 am

A simple question Vince but the answer is not so simple mate.

Is Lance Armstrong is a dope cheat ???
Is the moonlanding a studio created event ??? ???
Do UFO's exist ???

There are many questions that end in controversial answers.

One can only look at the available information, some real, some not so real, and some plainly false,and arrive at one's conclusion.
Some of us keep our opinions to ourself and others would share.

But there are ripple effects from these decisions.

A minor example is the recent sale on the bay of some lures that went for over 3 figures and yet you can still pick them up in shops for around 10 dollars. That was likely to keep happening until the buyer was informed.

So information is important ,and the imparting of that information is important. But information is only good if they are facts.

The lack of response to your question could be because the answer can be controversial, it can be seen as "flaming", or because it is there already for all to see. thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie

Albert

Rupe
Master
Master

Post by Rupe » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:54 pm

Lots of things shape the 'truth'

Friendships, disagreements, and more often than not....$$$$
Rupe.

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught...

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:18 pm

We`re back on the air, had a casualty, unfortunately, as he spoke the truth, but no the less still MIA.
ocd1688 wrote:But there are ripple effects from these decisions.
Albert, as usual you have written a wonderful reply, I only wish I had your ability to express myself.

What you have said in the quote is the whole point to the issue here. It`s not a personal attack, but about, as you put it, " the ripple effect".

If no one cares about the truth, then why do so many seek it in the pages of this Web site. Also if the members of this forum don`t care, what`s the point to it all. I know that`s more than one question, but without answers, I can`t see the point in all of this.
Regards.....Vince.

Return to “Brett Campbell Lures”