Brett Campbell - The Beginning

Brett Campbell Lures
Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Re: Brett Campbell - The Beginning

Post by Lure-Nut » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:19 pm

Few more very early Brett Campbell lures for your benefit .... don't think I've posted these before, carved in late 80's thumbsupsmilie

- The first one predates the first Snyper although it is called a Snyper .... later on Brett used this name for one of his most famous shapes.
- The second lure doesn't have a name and is a very early one off design.
- The third lure is another very early one off, that I think is one of the 80's shapes that is most reminiscent of the future of Brett's lures.
- The last is a large lure, a big chunky No1 Gidgee, some 170mm loa.

Please enjoy these classic rare early Brett Campbell lures thumbsupsmilie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers Rob

brolly
Guru
Guru

Post by brolly » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:29 pm

Some great early Brett Campbell shapes there Rob clapclap clapclap

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:25 am

There have been a number of questions raised on this website regarding when Brett Campbell started making lures.

For the record, the dates noted in this thread were communicated directly to me by Brett Campbell himself - likewise, the lures came directly to me from Brett Campbell. To that extent I am simply a communicator of information and have no means of verifying it's accuracy or not, other than to say that the source is the Luremaker himself.

These lures form a significant part of the Brett Campbell lure making history and I am extremely grateful to Brett for making them available. They are posted here for the benefit of lure collectors seeking to understand the early years of Brett's inspiration - my personal belief is that they were made before Brett had even thought of becoming a 'Luremaker' in the true sense of the word.

I will however leave it for others with more knowledge, to determine whether Brett's information on when he made these lures is accurate or not howdy
Cheers Rob

Rellik-doc-rob
Guru
Guru

Post by Rellik-doc-rob » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:49 am

Rob , as you say.... you are only the "Communicator of information " , given to you. At that time you had no reason to think it was wrong.

For that reason , I will not shoot the messenger !

RDR
Rellik-Doc-Rob...

The Harder I work, the luckier I get...

Return to “Brett Campbell Lures”