Brett Campbell - The Beginning

Brett Campbell Lures
Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Brett Campbell - The Beginning

Post by Lure-Nut » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:01 pm

IMHO Brett Campbell is one of the most innovative lure makers to come out of Tenterfield .... his unique lure designs have inspired many luremaker's and fisherman and deceived many more fish over a career, spanning some 25 years bowsmilie bowsmilie

Every luremaker had to start somewhere, find their niche, work out the models that essentially represented their brand and move forward from there - attached are some very, very important lures in the history of Brett Campbell lures. They represent the very first lures that Brett ever made, in fact, include the very first and second lures that Brett ever made. There is no doubt that you can see the inspiration from his very close relationship with Peter Newell .... all of these lures are circa 1985 and all within the very first few lures ever made by Brett. One of the features of Brett's very early lures is the very large and solid hook eye. Not surprising, they are quite large and clearly aimed at the local Cod population.

I am showing these lures so that they can be appreciated, known and recognised as part of the Australian luremaking history, in fact the 2nd lure ever still carries a beautiful red paint fingerprint of Brett's from when he sprayed them on his front lawn - absolutely priceless thumbsupsmilie

These lures represent some of the most valuable and treasured lures in my collection - thankyou Brett bowsmilie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers Rob

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Brett Campbell - The Beginning

Post by ocd1688 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:15 pm

clapclap clapclap clapclap clapclap clapclap

would be very interesting to do a metamorphotic series of pic to show the folks the evolving stages of particular lure shape/pattern e.g. the Hornet.

Albert

brolly
Guru
Guru

Post by brolly » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:28 pm

clapclap clapclap Absolute proof that not all luremakers are gifted from day one.Brett obviously started with a lot of desire and maybe not a lot of talent.But no one could deny how quickly he mastered his craft after turning out these original treasures.These are truly pieces of luremaking history.I hope others are able to appreciate and enjoy seeing these as much as i do. clapclap clapclap

aussbasstony
Guru
Guru

Post by aussbasstony » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:29 pm

Rob,

Well i've heard the rumors ,seen the pics and now I want to fondle them lol

Mate some great history in those couple of lures and know what it feels like to get a few of the very first lures made direct from the maker. bowsmilie

Awesome lures and look forward to seeing more pictures thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie

Cheers Tony

simon bruce
Master
Master

Post by simon bruce » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:27 pm

Very interesting set of lures Rob and certainly show that everyone starts from somewhere.

Can see a lot in thse lures, from Bretts own talents through to a definite newell influence as well as the start of some shapes that are uniquely Bretts.

Thanks for sharing them as you say a important part of Bretts lure making history

fish69blue
Rookie
Rookie

Post by fish69blue » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:28 am

Brett surely must go down in Australian luremaking history.
Brolly the pictorial of his early ones is great and thankyou for putting it together.
As with Eric Moller whom I have some very early (rough) lures of his the outside influence has come from a master and the evolution to create his own style and patterns has emerged.
This is what these lure sites are about.
Preservation of history and unearthing history with special people like Brolly as well as others.
Well done.Regards Barry

fish69blue
Rookie
Rookie

Post by fish69blue » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:24 am

Sorry Rob ,just been updated on my post.Credit to yourself for the Campbell pics and info.
In saying that also lots of credit to Brolly for his contribution in archival info.
Regards Barry

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:50 am

Barry, truely credit for these lures seriously lies with Brett thumbsupsmilie

Brett's early lures deserve to be shown as they are a wonderful part of luremaking history - I feel honoured to be able to show them to genuine collectors who respect the origins of a true lure craftsman bowsmilie

There are probably another two posts of these early lures that I have. Given the response and appreciation above, I will endeavour to photograph and post these as well so that Brett's early pre-prodution chronology, where he was gathering his future inspiration, is avaliable for all future collectors.
Cheers Rob

bdowdy
Expert
Expert

Post by bdowdy » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:35 pm

awesome stuff clapclap clapclap thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie

oog663
Expert
Expert
Mood: