Barcoo Barra

Brett Campbell Lures
brolly
Guru
Guru

Barcoo Barra

Post by brolly » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:00 pm

Here's a couple of Brett Campbells Barcoo Barras
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

simon bruce
Master
Master

Re: Barcoo Barra

Post by simon bruce » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:05 pm

The newer version of these comes with a transparent orange bib.
barcoobarra.jpg
Really like the old one though clapclap
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

brolly
Guru
Guru

Post by brolly » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:13 pm

Wow Simon that looks like a modern sportz version compared to my old dungers lol lol

simon bruce
Master
Master

Post by simon bruce » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:16 pm

Mike

as striking as my modern one is you still can't really go past the old ones and yours are a pair of pearlers. clapclap

Especially with the round eyes they have a bit of vintage.

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:14 pm

Stunning lures - thought I'd show a couple of very nice Barcoo's .... a pair of originals and a pair of more recent ones thumbsupsmilie

The first two are the pair of #'1's i.e. first ever made Round Back and the first ever made Ridgeback Barcoo. The other pure white pair includes the Barcoo Barra (pointed bib and finer profile) and the Barcoo Small .... beautiful lures from a true artist, Brett Campbell bowsmilie
Cheers Rob

brolly
Guru
Guru

Post by brolly » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:07 am

Some real nice Barcoos there Rob and here's a couple more early ones with the larger of the two coming in at just under 8inch including bib.Can anyone guess what the 289 under the chin represents? (not you Boothy) lol

Rupe
Master
Master

Post by Rupe » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:10 am

my guess its the one that was tested in frank & bill's lure book...
Rupe.

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught...

brolly
Guru
Guru

Post by brolly » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:21 am

Spot on Rupe clapclap although it wasn't pictured in the final publication as i think only 250 lures were featured including some very impressive RMG'S that reached phenominal depth for that era.

Rupe
Master
Master

Post by Rupe » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:28 am

YAY finally got something right on here!!!

yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay
Rupe.

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught...

Jigmaster
Guru
Guru

Post by Jigmaster » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:40 pm

I can shed a bit of light on the numbering of that lure. Each time I did the lures test I used a 'double blind' system. The lures were numbered under the bib with a number as they came in. The divers and testers used only the number and the analysis was done later and I was the only one that saw the full set of results.

When I was finished with the analysis (took about 6 months of really hard work), I would assign the 'book number' which appeared in the publication.

For a variety of reasons, a number of lures didn't make it into the final book. This included a lure that wouldn't swim, a transcription error (eg the divers or recorders wrote the wrong number or depth down) or I simply wasn't happy that the result was consistent. So I always played more safe than sorry.

For the red book and Lures in Depth, I put all the lures into a pile at the completion of the tests and everyone who helped could 'draft' a lure in turn. Therefore lures with the number under the bib are out there and I am sure that Brolly has one of these, although I would be interested in the path it followed to get there. (Perhaps a pm Brolly). I have some really good lures from that time, but also a large number went to people who didn't really use them and who have now realised how valuable some of them could become (such as the Tempter 1 from the red book which I DO have).

Somewhere, I have all the original data sheets and cross references so could see what happened to that lure - pretty sure it was for Lures In Depth, but Brett would know better.

Return to “Brett Campbell Lures”