Pacemaker/Pacemaka

Brett Campbell Lures
Rupe
Master
Master

Re: Pacemaker/Pacemaka

Post by Rupe » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:35 am

@ tony, you're welcome any time

@ brolly, yes...your yellow one looks the same as mine other than the bibs & the eyes...

have you seen any others with a metal bib or this style of eye pattern?
Rupe.

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught...

brolly
Guru
Guru

Post by brolly » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:07 pm

No Rupe i havn't seen any other Pacemakers with metal bibs and i can't say i've seen those eyes before on a Newell painted lure but i guess that doesn't mean there isn't more out there somewhere.I've just got to go an find them lol

simon bruce
Master
Master

Post by simon bruce » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:51 pm

Eyes look a bit Brett Campbell on yours Rupe.

Rupe
Master
Master

Post by Rupe » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:02 pm

G'day simon,

looking at some of the pictures on here I can see what you mean!

being unsigned it is hard to tell...yellow & black dots would seem 'classic Peter Newell' but then the eyes make you 2nd guess that...
Last edited by Rupe on Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rupe.

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught...

Rellik-doc-rob
Guru
Guru

Post by Rellik-doc-rob » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:12 pm

simon bruce wrote:Eyes look a bit Brett Campbell on yours Rupe.
Simon...I agree with you on the eyes. Back in the day (20 odd years ago ) ...both Brett and peter gave me lures , we all gave each other different lures that we had made.

Now when we came back across this lure , I intitially told Rupe it was one of Bretts originals ??? until Rupe found Mikes post....then it got me thinking ?? It definately looks to be painted with same pattern as Mikes lure , but that to me still has not guaranteed that it was done by peter. The shape itself was first seen by me at Bretts house and I actually think that he invented the shape , it would have been in about 1987 - 88 i reckon. I could be wrong here....but it is a variation of one of bretts other lures , Goodooga or Barcoo ....something like that. Brett had many shapes and designs back then , and alot of them had names from rivers in Qld. We gave each other heaps of lures , and too many to remember all the names.
I could not be sure if it was Peter or Brett who gave me the lure way back then , If i was a gambler.....I would lean towards Brett. If he didn't make it or give it to me , I'm almost 100% sure that it is infact his design. My money would be on Brett..... sorry if it has confused the topic R
Rellik-Doc-Rob...

The Harder I work, the luckier I get...

simon bruce
Master
Master

Post by simon bruce » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:31 pm

Rob, not confusing at all except for the collector trying to work out who did what many years down the track...... lol .

Certainly appreciate your insight into the times.

As far as Bretts models go I did a count of the ones posted on this forum and had over 68 a few months ago which I think is just the tip of the iceberg.

Rellik-doc-rob
Guru
Guru

Post by Rellik-doc-rob » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:03 am

simon bruce wrote:Rob, not confusing at all except for the collector trying to work out who did what many years down the track...... lol .

As far as Bretts models go I did a count of the ones posted on this forum and had over 68 a few months ago which I think is just the tip of the iceberg.
I agree..."Tip of the ice-berg " . Brett definately fiddled with dozens of shapes.
Rellik-Doc-Rob...

The Harder I work, the luckier I get...

wazza
Expert
Expert

Post by wazza » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:38 pm

simon bruce wrote:Rob, not confusing at all except for the collector trying to work out who did what many years down the track...... lol .

I just had a count up and i have 61 different variations not including different sizes of the same model.
When i met Brett for the first time about 5 or 6 years ago i asked him how many designs and sizes he had, His answer was over two hundered drawn out in his design book ! At the time we were sitting and having coffee and he had just finished showing me 2 more he had designed and carved that morning.
I would put designs,variations and sizes at in excess of 300. Must call him I haven't talked to him for ages and ask.
warren

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:41 pm

Wazza .... mate, think you'll find the count is even higher than that lol lol crazysmilie
Cheers Rob

wazza
Expert
Expert

Post by wazza » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:55 pm

Lure-Nut wrote:Wazza .... mate, think you'll find the count is even higher than that lol lol crazysmilie
I don't doubt it.
warren

Return to “Brett Campbell Lures”