reel restoration question

chimpetta
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

reel restoration question

Post by chimpetta » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:43 am

hi guys just a quick question is a vintage reel worth more in original condition with like petina ( rust) on it or if u get it restored to original condition? should it be left as is?cheers the chimp .

Charged
Rookie
Rookie

Re: reel restoration question

Post by Charged » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:01 am

I think a lot of that answer depends on the reel in question. If its ultra rare, consult with the professionals. http://orca-online.org/

I don't own anything that fits that criteria, and I personally remove any rust or corrosion that may further damage the reel if it is not addressed. If I had a true collectable that was worth the big bucks, I wouldn't do what I do to my own collection.

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:23 pm

Charged wrote:I think a lot of that answer depends on the reel in question. If its ultra rare, consult with the professionals. http://orca-online.org/

I don't own anything that fits that criteria, and I personally remove any rust or corrosion that may further damage the reel if it is not addressed. If I had a true collectable that was worth the big bucks, I wouldn't do what I do to my own collection.
Great advice and it will depend on whether you are collecting for the future or for your own personal use

MXB
IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN JUST PULL OUT YOUR FAVOURITE LURE AND DREAM OF BETTER TIMES

chimpetta
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by chimpetta » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:50 pm

thx guys for the input.just puchased old marlin reel. alvey style.very nice reel .

Return to “VINTAGE FISHING REELS GENERAL DISCUSSIONS”