new certate vs old certate

mearzie
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

new certate vs old certate

Post by mearzie » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:04 pm

looking at the new certate in the local fishing tackle australia i couldnt help but notice the old certate there as well in the 200 size, there as well both the same price at $499, but the old certate retailed at around $649 and feel much smoother in the hand is the new certate just a cheap version or a cleaver marketing plan or is the old certate a better made reel?

Stephen Booth
Expert
Expert

Re: new certate vs old certate

Post by Stephen Booth » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:50 pm

It's different technology in the new Certate. Lots of bearings and screws in the old versus lots of bearings and magnetic-style lube. Not exactly sure how it works but the new one is designed to be lighter, smoother and better at resisting water intrusion. I know a few mates who already have the new ones (in various guises up to the 3000 size) and all seem happy with them - especially at the lower price.

If you can get the old ones at the same price as the new, then you are winning on that score I would have thought. Sounds like a run out of old stock - great for buyers.

Certates in general are pretty good, pretty tough reels. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

simon bruce
Master
Master

Post by simon bruce » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:45 pm

I would imagine it is a exercise to get rid of the old stock.

Nothing wrong with the older model and it will still work, but I imagine there are some improvements in the design addressed in the new model.

Assuming that there is less development cost in refining an existing model the price should go down and if the old certate was good then the opportunity to get an improved model for less would be my preference.

I must admit I am trying to find an excuse to buy a 2010 model as I have a few of the older ones that are still going strong.

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Sat May 01, 2010 12:34 am

Have used the Certates exclusively for quite a while now .... if the new version is improved and at a better price then I'll definately be looking at them thumbsupsmilie
Cheers Rob

mearzie
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by mearzie » Mon May 03, 2010 2:00 pm

thanks guys yeah im just heading down now my birthday is on the 25th of this month and my fience has agree to get me a new out fit so im pretty sure it will consist on the new 2010 2000size certate and a ultra light blade and tails out fit im stocked :D thanks for the opinions cheerrs

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Mon May 03, 2010 11:36 pm

dont forget to show us what ya got and i like the luvias nahnah nahnah nahnah nahnah nahnah and the luvias rod is an awesome match up [the zero] ok back to your topic now lol

mearzie
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by mearzie » Wed May 05, 2010 12:49 pm

i got the old luvius 1000 last year but its just a tad small for land based stuff ive nearly been spooled on several occasions against 5kg flatties and the odd school jewie there a real pain when trying to catch bream lol muhmuh

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Wed May 05, 2010 11:54 pm

1000 for mullys your mad crazysmilie crazysmilie crazysmilie the 2500 worked for my mullys and the 2000 was fine for anything a bream could throw ,,,2010 will get spooled [pretty quick also if you hit a big jew dont worry unless you run 20-30lb braid and around 90yards lol

YOUNGGUN
Rookie
Rookie

Post by YOUNGGUN » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:57 pm

Tournament Daiwa reels where does it stop ??? I use all the old Certates and have had since they first come out many years ago and they all fish both fresh and saltwater never been serviced and still as good as the day I bought them yay Until my old ones pack it in I will try and resist buying the new ones. Last count on my Tourny Daiwa's was about 21 maybe 22 yay

Return to “Daiwa”