OMG !!!! where is the sense in the world

Forum rules
THIS AREA IS FOR INVESTIGATION OF LURES AND TACKLE BY FELLOW MEMBERS IF YOU INDEED THINK A PARTICULAR PIECE IS A FAKE THEN POST A PICTURE OF THE ITEM ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS MAY BE MADE OR PERSONAL DETAILS GIVEN OUT WE ARE NOT IN THE BUSINESS OF MAKING "POLICING" JUDGEMENTS BUT RATHER A INFORMED DECISION FROM THE MAJORITY OF MEMBERS ABOUT ITS TRUE IDENTITY OR ORIGINS
fishaholiclures
Master
Master

OMG !!!! where is the sense in the world

Post by fishaholiclures » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:19 pm

Been watching a couple of items on fleabay with interest.
1 sold last week for $189.95, but the other was passed in with a BIN price of $219.95 tonight.
Now I know these are great lures and one of my favourite Bream poppers...BUT $189.95 shockedsmilie for a 50mm popper manufactured in Korea, painted and assembled in Japan.........my god I am sitting on a goldmine, I have about 8 of these little gems in my fishing boxes.......and 1/2 of them I paid full retail for...yeah that's right FULL RETAIL...a whole $13.95ea....
I think the world has finally changed, and left me behind.. crazysmilie

Brad
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

hazmail
Expert
Expert

Post by hazmail » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:50 pm

Brad- anything like these????????????

Pete

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:37 pm

The Sugois are a bit more refined in shape Pete. I'll dig my stash out and take a pic tomorrow.

Cheers Brad
acta non verba

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:23 pm

sugoisplash.jpg
gycb-sugoi-splash.jpg

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:24 pm

the best bream popper in the world and this colour also,,although my home mades are doing pretty well

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:42 pm

??? I don't think thats a Sugoi Mini Splash Paul ???

Pete, here's a couple of mine alongside a Rebel Wee Pop R for size comparo
Sugoi Mini Splash II.jpg
here is the front end, not too deeply dished but puts out a lovely bullet and a subtle 'bloop'
Sugoi Mini Splash II front.jpg
This is my favourite and most productive colour,
Sugoi Mini Splash II side.jpg
you can see the tail weight and the 2 tungsten clicker balls inside. This one still has the original trebles, I usually upgrade to Owners and tie my own feathers on them. The fine Daichi style hooks as std have succumbed to larger nasty bream, and there is often Est. Cod and Jacks where I Bream fish and they make sort work of the std hooks.

Interestingly we also discovered the great sport of Squid poppering whilst testing these. We were fishing around one of the big islands in Moreton Bay and catching some bream as they staged up over the rock ledges into the shallows. Casting up into a foot of water we often had subtle takes that never hooked up, it wasn't till I left the lure sit there and we watched as a squid siddled up alongside it and lovingly wrapped a tentacle over it. The trick was to wait until it had a couple of tentacles around the lure then give a quick jerk to hook the trebles in and then retrieve. If you think Bream go, you should try an angry jet propelled cephlapod lol at least they dropped all the ink by the time you net them....mmmmm calamariiiiii mmmmmm droolsmilie

Cheers Brad
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
acta non verba

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:55 pm

its a sugoi just not the mini ,sugoi make some very nice lures i own a heap some still in packs great price and great lures

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:14 pm

hmmmm thats interesting Paul, because it looks nothing like the ones I am familiar with, unless they are later ones when the Native Spirit range was replaced by Kinami Baits which Gary Yamamoto's son put out.
heres the Splash 2 and Mini Splash 2 together
's1.jpg
's2.jpg
and they came in this style of packaging
sugoi splash packet.jpg
Cheers Brad
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
acta non verba

jorgvh
Expert
Expert

Re: OMG !!!! where is the sense in the world

Post by jorgvh » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:10 pm

Here arethe ones you need skinner body and the guy who sold it only has 70 more lol and even i ummmed and arrred with the 5 in the pack i still have at 20 bucks each, if id only known -duh .
Here are 2 outta the box i chuck when fishing flats for bream.

Return to “WHAT`S A FAIR PRICE & IS IT REAL”