Split cane 3

Forum rules
THIS AREA IS FOR INVESTIGATION OF LURES AND TACKLE BY FELLOW MEMBERS IF YOU INDEED THINK A PARTICULAR PIECE IS A FAKE THEN POST A PICTURE OF THE ITEM ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS MAY BE MADE OR PERSONAL DETAILS GIVEN OUT WE ARE NOT IN THE BUSINESS OF MAKING "POLICING" JUDGEMENTS BUT RATHER A INFORMED DECISION FROM THE MAJORITY OF MEMBERS ABOUT ITS TRUE IDENTITY OR ORIGINS
ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Split cane 3

Post by ocd1688 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:49 am

aussbasstony wrote:This one is a 4 piece rod and to me it looks like it is a dual action, as in swap the tips for a lighter rod and change to a heavier tip piece.

Anyway Same as above any help would be great !

This one says Jarvis Walker on the Butt !

just look it up for you Tony

the Lawrence delux 9ft 3in blackfish 3 piece was 6 pound 5 shillings when it came out .
extra tip --like yours was 8 pound 5 shillings.
convert that to present day dollars--- it is worth a mint!!!----half of weekly wage I reckon.

Albert

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:58 am

oh I forgot to mention. the different tip turns the rod to a snapper rod . very versatile but it cost 2 more pound.!!!

Albert

aussbasstony
Guru
Guru

Post by aussbasstony » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:18 pm

@ Mxb and Ocd 1688,

Has been a blast watching you two go down memory lane over this old rod clapclap yay My me on the side line I can smell that Carp rotting up on the bank with the memories so fresh in your head ...or did you eat them back then lol

@ Ocd1688,

how the heck do you find this info and costing of the rods that are so old ??? in such a short period of time -duh

Beats me. Do you both collect this type of fishing tackle ?

Cheers Tony

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:55 pm

@Tony
I do a lot of readings mate and when you are a fisherman you tend to collect things to do with fishing
rods reels lures info from megazine etc.
that's why this forum is so great with all you people out there sharing the knowledge and we need to help to keep Mully going.

re eating carp.. no no no no no
did lose a bet once.
first fish a dollar biggest fish a dollar most fish a dollar etc
first carp--got to eat it raw------made me sick after little bit of raw carp--the rest went in a shrimpbucket -duh -duh -duh

Albert

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:33 pm

I ate carp once and will never eat it again. Horrible lol

BUT the 8kg carp I caught on the old Black Queen Deluxe was mid afternoon at my local dam in Sydney and there was a large amount of Russians having a BBQ and get together. They watched me catch it and went berserk as its a delicacy over there and they forced me to join the party after I threw it on the bank to leave it for the foxes. They asked if they could have it, fed me till I was bloated, got me drunk and then gave me a Magnum of cheap Spumante and thats exactly what I did . . . Spumantied lol

MXB

howdy
IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN JUST PULL OUT YOUR FAVOURITE LURE AND DREAM OF BETTER TIMES

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:39 pm

@OCD . . .

I just remembered the rod I was talking about earlier in this thread; The Jarvis Walker 'Tambo' - one of there first hollow fibreglass rods with a very fine tip and super light. Magnificent rod

MXB

howdy
IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN JUST PULL OUT YOUR FAVOURITE LURE AND DREAM OF BETTER TIMES

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:41 pm

The Black Queens were still available a few years ago (crap more like 15 -duh ), Std and Deluxe models, same 9' length, solid glass whippy noodles lol
The Std had EVA grips and the Deluxe had cork grips. We used to sell em to the newbies chasing nig...ahhh heemm Luderick.
Just had a look at JW's site thumbsupsmilie
Jarvis Walker Solid Series Black Queen Spinning Rods 2-5kg 2.35m 2/P Solid fibreglass $1 - $30 Kmart, Pro Store
Jarvis Walker Solid Series Black Queen Deluxe Spinning Rods 2-5kg 2.40m 2/P Solid fibreglass $31 - $50 Pro Store

Brad
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:18 pm

MXB wrote:I ate carp once and will never eat it again. Horrible lol

BUT the 8kg carp I caught on the old Black Queen Deluxe was mid afternoon at my local dam in Sydney and there was a large amount of Russians having a BBQ and get together. They watched me catch it and went berserk as its a delicacy over there and they forced me to join the party after I threw it on the bank to leave it for the foxes. They asked if they could have it, fed me till I was bloated, got me drunk and then gave me a Magnum of cheap Spumante and thats exactly what I did . . . Spumantied lol

MXB

howdy
lol lol lol lol lol
so it did died a horrible death lol lol lol lol lol
wonder if they still make Spumante or sparkling rhingo ??? ??? ???

Albert

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:24 pm

fishaholiclures wrote:The Black Queens were still available a few years ago (crap more like 15 -duh ), Std and Deluxe models, same 9' length, solid glass whippy noodles lol
The Std had EVA grips and the Deluxe had cork grips. We used to sell em to the newbies chasing nig...ahhh heemm Luderick.
Just had a look at JW's site thumbsupsmilie
Jarvis Walker Solid Series Black Queen Spinning Rods 2-5kg 2.35m 2/P Solid fibreglass $1 - $30 Kmart, Pro Store
Jarvis Walker Solid Series Black Queen Deluxe Spinning Rods 2-5kg 2.40m 2/P Solid fibreglass $31 - $50 Pro Store

Brad
Hi Brad

not been made in this great country for a long time.
quality wise thubsdown thubsdown thubsdown

Albert

aussbasstony
Guru
Guru

Post by aussbasstony » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:31 pm

Albert Check your PM's thumbsupsmilie

Return to “WHAT`S A FAIR PRICE & IS IT REAL”