split canes

Forum rules
THIS AREA IS FOR INVESTIGATION OF LURES AND TACKLE BY FELLOW MEMBERS IF YOU INDEED THINK A PARTICULAR PIECE IS A FAKE THEN POST A PICTURE OF THE ITEM ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS MAY BE MADE OR PERSONAL DETAILS GIVEN OUT WE ARE NOT IN THE BUSINESS OF MAKING "POLICING" JUDGEMENTS BUT RATHER A INFORMED DECISION FROM THE MAJORITY OF MEMBERS ABOUT ITS TRUE IDENTITY OR ORIGINS
aussbasstony
Guru
Guru

split canes

Post by aussbasstony » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:29 pm

Ok I have a couple of split cane rods I have no idea what they are worth. Could people in the know give me a approx worth thankyou thumbsupsmilie

Firts is a Hex Cane rod very old as I know I have had it for yonks and made in Australia by the looks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Re: split canes

Post by fishaholiclures » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:50 pm

Tony,
A nice fly rod, by Bill Southam of Sydney thumbsupsmilie . Bill was also the maker of Bellbrook lures.

At a guess, remembering prices Southam rods (I have watched) have gone for...In good working condition, with original bag.....at LEAST $400

Brad
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

aussbasstony
Guru
Guru

Re: split canes

Post by aussbasstony » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:52 pm

fishaholiclures wrote:Tony,
A nice fly rod, by Bill Southam of Sydney thumbsupsmilie . Bill was also the maker of Bellbrook lures.

At a guess, remembering prices Southam rods (I have watched) have gone for...In good working condition, with original bag.....at LEAST $400

Brad

oly Crap Mr Wekipedia thanks for your input mate. I have no idea what they are and do not Fly Fish lol

Return to “WHAT`S A FAIR PRICE & IS IT REAL”