Ebayazement

Forum rules
THIS AREA IS FOR INVESTIGATION OF LURES AND TACKLE BY FELLOW MEMBERS IF YOU INDEED THINK A PARTICULAR PIECE IS A FAKE THEN POST A PICTURE OF THE ITEM ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS MAY BE MADE OR PERSONAL DETAILS GIVEN OUT WE ARE NOT IN THE BUSINESS OF MAKING "POLICING" JUDGEMENTS BUT RATHER A INFORMED DECISION FROM THE MAJORITY OF MEMBERS ABOUT ITS TRUE IDENTITY OR ORIGINS
fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Ebayazement

Post by fishaholiclures » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:31 pm

EBAYAZEMENT (v) :- the feeling achieved when viewing something unbelievable @ auction.

I just noticed some well known cod lures being sold as lots of 4 or 5. Now these lures are used but in fairly good order, but the seller is asking an average of $30 per lure for lures that can be bought currently in shops for less than $20 each BRAND NEW IN PACKETS !!!!! and theres postage on top of that!!!!

makes one wonder if anybody does any research into the market before they spend money listing these things ???

Brad
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Re: Ebayazement

Post by Mully » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:34 pm

some dont mate i have even been caught out 0on the odd occasion not doing some research as they say there's always a mug out there im definitely guilty of this more than once
the thing i did was bid on lures i thought were timber and got stung i presumed as their patterns were the same

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:52 pm

Paul,
yes there will always be the ones that list stuff up with an incorrect description and we have to be on the lookout for something that looks suss. these are described quite well apart from some size inaccuracies, but they aren't even discontinued colours, so I guess they are waiting on someone with limited knowledge to think they are getting a bargain smckin

Brad
acta non verba

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:10 pm

i think a few list them to test their ability to dupe the innocent people thinking they are getting a bargain or jumping at the chance to get a few lures to start a collection. Its exciting to start collecting and sometimes the excitement gets in the way of common sense ,,,when i started i purchased a few also at over rated prices purely to get a set together now i research a lot more and hope new collectors also do their home work thumbsupsmilie

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:18 am

Yep, I got caught once or twice with Tacspo Deceptions being 'sold' as Paul's older models -duh

I learn't my lesson and now send a very specific question early in the auction process - no positive reply that I could use in a dispute, then no bid thumbsupsmilie
Cheers Rob

Marrakai
Guru
Guru

Post by Marrakai » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:39 am

OK, not a lure, but check out Item No. 170510494726

Guess where I'm going this arvo- croc hunting!!
Marrakai
Australia's Top End

simon bruce
Master
Master

Post by simon bruce » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:27 am

I see they find it hard to let go.

At that price I don't think they will have to worry.

brolly
Guru
Guru

Post by brolly » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:48 am

It's not the price that i can't believe but the dimensions of the tooth lol This must have been the bigest mother of a croc sporting some serious dentures lol that would be one hell of a piece of jewellery.

brolly
Guru
Guru

Post by brolly » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:29 pm

Mike

I have to agree a big one lol lol

Is it legal to sell a Croc tooth they are protected ???[/quote]

Bullrout if that crocs as big as the tooth sugests it could protect itself lol

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:00 pm

did some web browsing on croc teeth,
Yes they do sell on the open market, but must be from farmed animals only.(not sure how you prove that)
A lateral tooth (the crushers that are blunt like that one pictured) from a fossilized croc in the cretatious era was considered from a HUGE crocodillian and it only measured in at 2.7 INCHES tall. the direct quote is "A tooth from the anterior position near 2 inches, is still from a large croc but from the side, as this tooth is would indicate a crocodile that is much larger than any living species today."

That means that the tooth on sale is from a formerly unknown species of MEGAcrocs yay yay yay and they found it here in Australia too yay yay

maybe we should tell them -duh
acta non verba

Return to “WHAT`S A FAIR PRICE & IS IT REAL”