Nabem Lures

Forum rules
THIS AREA IS FOR INVESTIGATION OF LURES AND TACKLE BY FELLOW MEMBERS IF YOU INDEED THINK A PARTICULAR PIECE IS A FAKE THEN POST A PICTURE OF THE ITEM ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS MAY BE MADE OR PERSONAL DETAILS GIVEN OUT WE ARE NOT IN THE BUSINESS OF MAKING "POLICING" JUDGEMENTS BUT RATHER A INFORMED DECISION FROM THE MAJORITY OF MEMBERS ABOUT ITS TRUE IDENTITY OR ORIGINS
ropes.basstard
Rookie
Rookie

Nabem Lures

Post by ropes.basstard » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:07 pm

Dave (Bullrout22) suggested I should post some pics of my Nabem lures. This person's lures have been hottly debated in other threads as some of them appear to be copies of more successfull better known lures. However, i bought this lot last January in a tackle shop in South West Rocks, NSW. The tackle shop owner advised me that the lures we not strong sellers and were made by a guy who lives in the Glenbawn/Hunter area. According to the retailer the guy who makes these lures collaborates with other lure makers to produce these items. I don't know if this is true but there are very strong similarities to Stuckey lures and I'm told by member "Neb" that there may also be strong similarities to one of Waery Wilson's lures (he's from Aberdeen near Glenbawn). Anyway "The Beast" as I call it (two legged lure) is like nothing I've ever seen before. These are posted for people to view, please form your own opinions.
DSC04002.JPG
DSC04003.JPG
DSC04005.JPG
DSC04006.JPG
DSC04004.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

neb
Expert
Expert

Re: Nabem Lures

Post by neb » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:04 pm

Ropes, the two legged lure is also reminiscent of a lure called a "Frogie" or similar made by a fellow in the Ipswich area I think. I once saw a frogie in a fellows tackle box at Monduran and theres not much difference. Nev

ropes.basstard
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ropes.basstard » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:35 am

The more I learn about lures, the more I realise how little I do know. Thanks Neb

neb
Expert
Expert

Post by neb » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:06 pm

Nabem also makes a copy of the Classic RMG 120, Nev

ropes.basstard
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ropes.basstard » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:49 pm

Neb, Do you have any photos? I'd love top see what they are like. Considering your location and the advice that Nabem is a local, do they sell his lures locally? The tackle shop owner at SWR said this guy jut drops in from time to time and tries to offload his stock on the shop. Ropes

neb
Expert
Expert

Post by neb » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:23 pm

No, I don't have a photo I just saw some in a special bin at a store in SWR this morning, but as with his other lures they are a very good copy, colouring is a little different but shape is the same. Nev

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:16 pm

neb wrote: but as with his other lures they are a very good copy, colouring is a little different but shape is the same. Nev
Gotta be a law against this zippedsmilie zippedsmilie zippedsmilie vote with your wallets, don't buy them !!!!
Cheers Rob

Angry
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by Angry » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:39 am

I know he comes from around Scone somewhere as we discovered a few in the Glenbawn Kiosk, I happen to have Pete Stuckey standing right next to me at the time.

I can tell you Peter Stuckey has not EVER "Collaberated" with any lure maker, especially this NABEM person, He deserves to be prosecuted.

We bought one to examine it closely & swam it, & believe me it swims like the crap that it is.
This guy needs a kick up the bum. Some people unknowingly pay money for a lure thinking its the original & are then disappointed that it wont catch fish, as we found out.

Angry

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:34 pm

neb wrote:Nabem also makes a copy of the Classic RMG 120, Nev

How talented - so he can copy Stuckeys, Wilsons, RMG's & Fysshe lures and we are meant to be impressed - Nabem clearly needs to get an original thought angaa angaa nope
Cheers Rob

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:07 pm

like they say one day you will censored with the wrong lure maker I wont buy copys he can keep his lures

Return to “WHAT`S A FAIR PRICE & IS IT REAL”